"You really are the sweetest there is. I just thought people said that to make you look better. You're really down to earth." I rub his cheek with my thumb.

"Penners!!" I hear mom knocking on my door.

"Shit.." I grab Jimmy's face. "That's my mom and she's crazy. Go in the laundry closet.." I whisper as I shove him in the hall. Before I open the door, I make sure he's hidden. "Hey, mama.."

"Hey, sweetheart!" She hugs me. "Gain some weight! I've come to say hello and see how you're doing."

I look around my loft style apartment and back at mom. "Hi. I'm good. I'll eat some more and okay, bye!"

"Why are you rushing your mother out?"

"I'm busy.." I push my bottom lip in and chew on it.

"With what?"

"Uh.." I drop my hand. "Cleaning."

"Cleaning what?" Why are you so nosy?!

"I was going to start cleaning out my cabinets.. Organize it all."

Mom opens a few doors and looks around inside. "Seems fine to me."

"I'm not satisfied with the way they look.."

"Maybe it's time for you to find a husband?" She leans against the granite top.

"Don't you have a husband to go take care of?" Dad got a nasty cold from work a few days ago. Men act like babies when they're sick, she should go cater to him.

"No, he's fine at the moment."

"I have to go into work soon. For.. Just to get some copies done."

Mom smiles at me. "I can walk with you." Fucking serious?

"No.. Mom, you don't need to.. I'm on a time crunch!"

"I can help you!"

"I need to shower and do some laundry." I look at the doors. "And just random house stuff. Honestly, mom, if I needed help I would let you help me."

"But I love doing laundry." She starts walking to the closet.

"Go do your own." I grab her arm.

"I already did mine and dads."

"Do it again!" I shove her towards the door.

"Spencer, let me help you. Just go to work." Mom pushes me off her and heads to the closet.

"Mom!" She freezes. "Honestly, I'm fine. I do not need help." My voice comes out a little too stern for my liking.

She lets go of the doorknob and grabs her purse. "I always knew you hated me.." She slams the door shut. I rush over to lock it before she barges back in.

"You know.. It's not very comfy in there." Jimmy walks out.

"Oddly I know that and I'm so sorry I made you hide. She's just crazy and will attack you with questions and tell you I loved you back on SNL. We don't need to be here for hours on end with her talking."

My body get pushed to another body. "No?" I shake my head. "Mmm.. So you like really loved me?" He laughs.

"Oh shut up.." I push myself away.

"Why?" Jimmy pulls me closer to his chest. "I think it's cute." He giggles.

I look up into his deep chocolatey brown eyes. "It's embarrassing.."

"No it's not. I like it." He lets me go. "You can go shower or whatever now." He smirks.

"Well, thank you, master." I laugh.