Chapter 1: Grand Ma Tales

Shane saw people of the town gathering outside that house which was falling apart, which they called cursed. There was so much commotion, so he decided to take a walk outside and see for himself what was all that about. he asked an old man standing there about the house and if any one was living in there and as he asked, he turned towards Shane and looked at him and asked him if he was new in the town and Shane told him that it was two weeks now that he had taken up house number 11 which was across the street.

Old Man, "Son what is your name?"

Shane Wilson

Old Man, "Shane, will you be kind enough to walk me down to my house. It is just there.

Shane, "of course sir"

As they walked towards the old man's house, Shane asked the man again if he knew anything about the gossip and rumors going on about house number 13. The old man replied saying, "son what have you heard about that house?"

Shane, "nothing good and all grand ma stories actually. The maid who is taking care of my house she told me that the house is cursed and the man who is living in there is enslaved to a very powerful witch who lives in the woods and visits him at her will."

Old Man, "and you don't believe what the good lady told you?"

Shane, "how could I believe something like that, it sounds very stupid to me."

Old Man, "hmm stupid, well if that what you think it is, then let me tell you that what you want to know about the house from me would only sounds more stupid that what she said."

Shane, "Sir, I find you to be a wise man. Even you place you believe in such things."

Old Man, "Shane I place my believe in only what I see and of course the unseen too that I see from the eyes of my faith. Any ways son there is nothing to know about that house, I suggest that you don't pay attention to anything about that house."

Shane, "it is quite interesting what you just said about faith. Well sir here we are, your house and since we have met now let me introduce myself properly. I am here on an official visit, I am working with the ministry and my work here is to survey about the possibility of understanding the development potential this own holds. Once again, I am Shane Wilson, Chief Project Development Officer - Central Government."

Old Man, "that is very nice, so finally the government has figured out that we exist on their map. Please don't be offended Shane, I am very old and the age has made me sarcastic. By the way, my name is George Peterson and you are welcome to bring any of your doubts to me. I am sure you would like this lonely old man's company over a glass of scotch."

Shane, "that is very kind and generous of you Mr. Peterson, for you have sensed my thirst for scotch, ha ha."

Mr. Peterson, "Young or old, all men have the same basic desires."

Shane, "I am impressed with your sense of humor Mr. Peterson. I will see you soon, take care."