Chapter Five: Money

2:46am, the clock read. I've been up for hours thinking about my date with Sebastian. Words can't describe the way I feel right now. And that kiss, oh god, that kiss. It was absolutely amazing. I wish I had someone to talk to about it, but Tamara wasn't answering her phone and I'm not close with a lot of other females. If I told my mom about the date, she would throw a bitch fit if she found out about the date.

My phone vibrates on the nightstand that's beside my table signalling that I have a text message. Thinking that it's Tamara I pick up my phone in a hurry.

From Mendez: U up?

Now, I've never been one to get a you up text, so I never understood why people freaked out over them, but seeing this message had me feeling some type of way. I could feel the butterfly's in my stomach.

To Mendez: Yeah.

Shit, is yeah to casual? I show should've said 'Yes' instead. This is why I need Tamara, she helps me out. But knowing her she'd tell me to send 'Yes, Daddy.'

My phone rings playing Orange Soda by Vic Mensa. Oh my god, he's calling me. I jump up and clear my throat and pat my hair down even though he won't be able to see me.

"H-Hello," I clear my throat one more time.

He chuckles, "You good, Gabs? It took you a while to answer."

"Yeah, I'm cool. Just.. Yeah, yeah."
He laughs at me, "What you doing?"

"Nothing. I couldn't fall asleep," I say honestly.

"Oh, so our date was so good that you've been up all night thinking about it?" I can picture his smile as he laughs.

"Noo, you've got it all wrong," I say, "Anyways, what are you doing? Are you at a party or something?"

I can hear light music in the background. It sounds like Where Ya At by Future featuring Drake. It's a little too light to be a party, but you never know.

"Nah, I'm at the crib chilling. I guess you're not the only one who couldn't fall asleep, baby."

Ugh, he said it again. Baby. That word makes shivers go down my spine. I like it so much.

I shift positions on my bed so that I'm laying on my back staring at the ceiling. "So you play music at 3am? I like the quiet."

"Why not play music? I couldn't fall asleep anyways."

I nod in response forgetting that he can't see me. "Maybe we should Face time. I keep nodding and stuff as if you can actually see me," I chuckle.

"I was thinking the same thing. Then I'd get to see your beautiful face."

I blush and nod again, "Yeah."

He told me he'd call me in a few minutes and then hung up. I rushed out of bed to do something to my face. I turned my bedroom lights on and ran to my mirror. I put on a bit a mascara, but made it less noticeable, so that he won't know I tried to look decent.

I made it back to my bed right as my phone rang.

"Hey!" I gave him a big smile.

He rose an eyebrow. "Someone's a little too happy."

Little does he know the only reason I was 'happy' was because I just ran back to bed and didn't have time to catch my breath before answering.

Looking at him I can see that he's sitting against his beds headboard. It kind of looked like he didn't have on a shirt, but I wasn't sure. "Do you have on a shirt?"

He laughs and tilts his phone so that I get a good view if his chest. Good lord, this man is fit. Perfect 8 pack and a tattoo on his left rib.
"Wipe the drool from your face, baby, and close your mouth while you're at it. Don't want to catch flies."

I send him a fake glare, "Boy, boo. You're not all that." You're all that and a bag of potato chips. But I won't admit that.

He rolls his eyes and rubs his hand down his chest, "You wish you had all this."

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. I flip my hair, "Boy, it's me that you wish you had." I laugh.

He licks his lips, "But you're right though."

A look down and lightly blush. I bite my lip and look at something else but him.

"What? It's not like you didn't know," he laughs.

"Shut up. Lets talk about something else."

We talked for hours until I started to feel tired. I let out a huge yawn.

"Aw, is my baby tired?" He said.

"Shut up and continue with the story."

He was telling me about the first time he and Aaron got sent to jail.

"Next thing I know the cops came and me and Aaron just knew we were busted. I was thirteen and inexperienced at breaking into people houses, So we knew we were bound to get the cops called on us. He.."

I started to dose off and everything he said after that became a blur.

I woke up to the light shining in my face. Checking my phone I remember that I fell asleep while on face time with Sebastian.

Oh, shit. I hope he didn't hear me snore or anything. I've also been told that I talk in my sleep sometimes. Tamara said it's kinda freaky. Like I'm possessed or something.

I get up and shower and put on a pair of old yoga pants and a t-shirt. I don't plan on going anywhere, so there's no need to look cute.

****

Sebastian Mendez Pov

Gabrielle is a cool chick. She's fine as hell and she has her priorities straight. Why wouldn't I like her. I can tell that she's iffy about being dragged into my lifestyle if she gets with me, but I need someone that's gonna be down for me. I think she can be the one, but it's gonna take some time.

I walk into my main trap house and dap up my main man Aaron. This dude has been my best friend since we were in diapers. I trust this man more than anything.

"Where were you at yesterday, bro?"

I take a seat on the couch and watched them count money. "You know, out and about. Handling business."

"You sure you weren't tryna holla at shawty from the other day," Ricky says and laughs.

This man has been working my nerves since the day he tried to spit game at Gabrielle when she was trying to go to the store with her friend. Everything that comes out of his mouth makes me want to punch him in it.

"Man, shut the fuck up. I'm fucking tired of your bitch ass."

"Mendez, man- I was just playing." Ricky says.

"I don't care I told your ass to shut up."

Everybody in the room stares at me in question, "The fuck y'all looking at. Finish counting my damn money."

I stand up and storm to the kitchen to get me a drink.

"Yo, what's up, bro?" Aaron comes in after me.

"Ricky has been pissing me off lately. He got one more time before he's dead," I take a swig from my can of beer.

Aaron laughs at me and shakes his head, "You need to take out your damn tampon, man. Come on, we gotta go make a drop and we need you."

I laugh along with him and loosen up a bit. Hopefully I don't have to kill anybody today.

_______________________________________

Comment & Vote.