Ch.35: A Step Into The Future {End}

"Holmes!" The voice of the Deputy Constable snapped me out of my trail of thoughts, making me slightly jump in my place. I shook my head and moved my sight from the young man's lifeless body to Chief Ross's round, red face.

He walked towards me with a stern expression on his face. The sun made his grey hair that was beginning to fall shine, and his long black coat flew behind his legs as the wind blew furiously. We had terrible weather today here in London.

I sighed and shifted away from the body. "You better have good news for me. Is he one of them?" he asked me, and I nodded.

"Yes, sir, we found the same demon tattoo on his right wrist. He must have been one of Shadow Knight's men," I informed.

He let out a frustrated sigh, running his hand through his grey locks while his black eyes hardened. I understand his frustration. We have been searching for Shadow Knight for almost two years now.

We had no clue what he looked like, we had no information on him, and the only thing we knew was that he was a paramount drug lord here in London. It happened two years ago. A lethal drug that caused many deaths spread all around England, and that drug was sold to people by men who had a demon tattoo on their right wrist.

However, those men were found dead each time they finished selling to a client. And when we interrogated a man who we caught selling the drug, he told us about a masked man named Shadow Knight and that he was the one that created this drug.

But before that man could tell us anything else, he was shot by a sniper who we had failed to apprehend. However, I did manage to talk to the man's ghost, but he didn't know anything except that Shadow Knight was a man.

And that goes for all the men with the demon tattoos found dead shortly after they had sold the drug to someone. All of them didn't know who Shadow Knight was. The only thing that they told me was that he promised them a ton of money since he was a wealthy man.

We have been looking for that bastard for two years, and he managed to get away every single time.

"Have you identified that man's identity?" the Chief questioned, but Poirot strode with a file in his hands and stood next to us before I could answer.

"Yes, sir, we were able to know from his ID card that his name was Mason Pittsburgh. He's thirty-one years old and had recently moved from Brooklyn, New York. He's not married, and he's also unemployed," he reported.

Oh, did I mention that Poirot and I are working together at the same Crime Investigation Department? Yeah, imagine our shock when we found out that we work at the same place. And it's not just that; we're partners too.

I still remember how pissed off Christian was when he found out about this, but he shut up about it when I reminded him that Jacob liked Lucy. That happened seven years ago, for I have been working in this department since I was twenty-four years old.

Also, Jacob quit his job at The White Ravens, which my parents still run, and that happened when he entered college.

It's already been fourteen years since the events of Gibson Black and The Black Crows organization.

"Alright, you two, nice work, you can both go home now," the Chief ordered.

"But sir, what about the witness? What did she say?" I asked. He dug around in his pocket for a minute before pulling out a cigarette and a lighter. He lit it, placing the lighter back in his pocket before taking a long drag.

"We're going to take her back to the department for more information. For now, she only said that she saw that man's body dumped near a dumpster," he informed, taking another drag and blowing the smoke at my face, making me cough and glare at him.