Ch.17: What Are Friends for? {Part One}

Gibson

"What are we going to do about her?" Natasha asked as she poured herself some whisky from the alcohol cabinet. She sat with her legs crossed on the seat facing my desk.

"That girl is better than we expected," Carl admitted as he too poured himself a drink.

I sighed, arranging my papers then placing them on my desk. "You two are acting like we can't handle her. She's nothing but an insect," I stated as I got up from my chair. "And what do we do with irksome insects, Carl?" I walked to the alcohol cabinet and poured myself some scotch.

"We crush them." He grinned.

"True." I raised my glass.

"But we can't just kill her. It would be too suspicious," Natasha pointed out as she pushed her curly red hair behind her shoulders.

"That's also true," I said as I walked back to my desk. I opened the drawer and picked up a cigarette box. Then I circled over the two. "Natasha, in order to destroy an insect, you have to know what makes it vulnerable, right?" I explained, bringing the cigarette to Carl's face.

He smirked and, with a snap of his fingers, lit it up for me. They both nodded.

"Carl, your ability is quite astounding; fire. I wish I could create it," I twirled the cigar between my fingers. "Meaning, we could use her own weakness to get rid of her."

"And what's that?" asked Carl.

I smirked at his question, leaning back in my chair to sip on my drink. "Her friends, of course."

Ariana

"Okay! Okay! Fine, I get it. I'll go with you to the stupid Sherlock Holmes museum, sheesh!" Joey yelled in frustration after I begged him to come with me.

"Yay! Thank you so freaking much!" I squealed as I tackled him.

He protested, unlatching my face with his hand. I heard giggles coming from Rayne and Jeremy. "And I'm the annoying one?" he mumbled.

"I don't think I've ever seen you this excited before?" Rayne mused, grinning at my reaction.

"When are you two going anyway?" Jeremy asked, picking up his book from his bag and placing it on his desk.

"Um, I was thinking maybe on Saturday?" I turned to Joey, and he just rolled his eyes in confirmation. But I ignored him by squealing again, not minding the other students' strange looks darted my way. "I'm so excited! I can't wait!"

A thrill rushed through my veins, and I suddenly felt nauseous and giddy all at once. I was so enthralled that I didn't even mind the amused look on Christian's face.

"I even have my own Sherlock Holmes costume!" I declared, tugging on Joey's arm.

His eyes widened. "You're kidding, right?"

I shook my head and smiled. "Nope, I still have it from last year's Halloween. I brought it to London because I wanted to wear it to Sherlock Holmes's museum."

"Um, do I have to wear a costume too?" he asked, looking terrified. Rayne and Jeremy chuckled.

"Of course," I slapped his shoulder. "I brought my uncle's Doctor Watson costume with me too. Last year, he wore it on Halloween, but I figured you would wear it since he's not coming. It's a bit big, but I think it will fit."

He gulped down slowly. "Well, now I know why you never had a boyfriend."

I blushed, sticking my tongue at him. "Shut up!"