Ch.32: Last Stand {Part One}

Jacob

Goddammit!

Where the hell could that idiot be? Was she hurt? Did they harm her? Where could they have taken her? And that idiot boyfriend of hers, it's all because of him. If he hadn't followed her to the damn greenhouse, they wouldn't have captured her.

However, that was their plan all along. They wanted her and Christian, but for what? Why kidnap them? Why didn't they just kill them if they wanted them dead?

I sighed and moved to the couch, where I seated myself next to Lucy, who had a worried look on her face. I rubbed my temples and closed my eyes, hoping any second now the automatic door would open and an agent would have the location of where Ariana and Christian had been taken.

We were all in the white living room waiting for any news on them. No one had said a word, and the only thing heard was the sound of sniffling and quiet sobs.

It's been almost an hour since we found out that they were kidnapped, and it honestly felt like years. I've been walking back and forth for half an hour in this room until I decided to sit down on the couch with the rest. However, it didn't manage to calm me down, not even the slightest bit.

I stopped rubbing my temples and snapped my head when the automatic door opened, revealing my brother. All of us stood up simultaneously, waiting to hear any news from him.

He walked, or more like limped, with his head bent low.

An hour before, we learned from Samuel that he was shot, which resulted in Ariana going along with Lena. He was shot in the leg, so his injury wasn't critical, but he could have bled to death if his wound had been left unattended. He managed to call for help before it was too late.

Luckily, his leg was treated, and he was now using crutches to be able to walk.

But from the minute he walked in here, I knew that he had terrible news. And my intuition was correct, for he shook his head, looking disappointed, which means that they weren't able to locate Black's location.

I cursed underneath my breath, running my hand through my hair and clutching the end of it.

Shit! What the hell are we going to do now!? Damn this!

"I'm sorry. This is my entire fault. If I hadn't let her go-" Samuel started, but Vincent interrupted him.

"It wasn't your fault, my friend. You were shot, and Ariana chose to leave. There was nothing you could have done," he said calmly, placing his hand on Samuel's shoulder.

"So what now?" Joey asked, wiping away his tears.

"We will find them. Don't worry," assured Vincent.

"How?" Tamara whispered as she looked at her husband in the eyes. Vincent just stood there without saying anything. He didn't know, none of us did.

We couldn't find them. There's no sign or a trail of them. Their phones couldn't be tracked, which means Black might have disposed of them.

The sound of my phone ringing disturbed the silence in the room, and everyone turned their heads to look at me. I had no idea who would be calling me right now, so I picked my phone from my pocket and looked at the caller ID.

Whoever was calling, I didn't know who they were. There was no name, and the number was unfamiliar to me. I wanted to ignore it, but something in me told me that I should answer it.

After a few seconds of thinking, I decided to know who was calling me.

I hit the answer button and lifted the phone to my ear. "Hello?" I said, but no one replied. However, I was able to hear loud breathing through the other line.