Ch.26: The Black Crows

Jacob

Damn it!

I just can't believe that she just left like that. And for who? That stupid Christian. Ugh! That guy gets on my last nerve. Why is she even with him? He isn't that big of a deal. I really do wonder why she loves him so much. What's so good about that guy?

And now, because of her, I'm searching through Gibson Black's files on my own.

Until now, I found nothing, absolutely nothing. I searched through the papers on his desk, glancing behind me each second in case he returned to the office. But I found nothing important or suspicious. I only found some papers about new students attending this school next semester.

I was still angry and upset that Ariana left me like that. She's too hung up on that guy. So what if they had a fight? They're a couple. It's normal. She agreed to help find out what Gibson was up to before she got together with Christian.

She should have known that this is more important than just some stupid fight with her stupid boyfriend.

And now I'm angry at her and at myself for letting her go after him. I wonder where she is right now. Is she with him? Did they make up?

Well, I don't care if they broke up or not.

Actually...I do.

Damn! I still want her for myself. Is it why I've been so angry? Was it because I was just jealous?

Yeah, that's right. I still don't want her to be with that guy. I still want her for myself, myself only. I actually regret telling her to confess her feelings on the date, but if I hadn't, she would be sad. And I don't particularly appreciate seeing a sad Ariana.

I sighed, deciding that I should probably go since I didn't find anything.

Before turning away, my eyes caught something strange outside Gibson's window. The window had a view of the school's main entrance. My eyes widened when I saw a huge bald guy that looked so familiar. That's Carl! What is he doing here? My heart sank when I noticed that he was carrying a small body over his extensive shoulder. I didn't see her face, but I recognized her golden hair and the pink dress.

Shit! Ariana!

Next, I saw Carl and a red-haired woman, Natasha, place Ariana in the back seat of a black car. Then a man with a black suit that obviously was Gibson went to the driver seat as his two companions got in. Soon, he drove outside the school gates until the car disappeared into the dark forest-way.

"Shit," I cursed silently, reaching out for my phone in my pocket. I dialed my brother's number, impatiently tapping my foot on the ground. After a few more rings, my brother finally picked up the phone.

"Hello, Jacob."

"Samuel, this is bad! Ariana has been kidnapped. By Black! What the fuck do I do!? They will kill her!"

"Settle down, Jake." The clam voice of my step-brother came through the phone. Settle down!? How can I just settle down? How can he be so calm about this?

"But-"

Samuel cut me off. "It just means that Ariana has finally figured out what Gibson is up to. Why else would he kidnap her? He wants her. Now calm down, here's what I need you to do..."

Ariana

I groaned, feeling the stinging pain as I tried to place my hand on my throbbing head. But even though my eyes were shut, I could feel that I couldn't move my hands. It was then that I realized that my hands were tied behind my back. Finally, I slowly opened my eyes, scanning around me to see where I was.