Ch.27: Friend Is A Foe.

Christian

Right at this moment, my whole body felt like it was going to explode. I wanted to wreck everything that was in my sight. I wanted to hit the wall until my hands were bleeding. I couldn't stop my hands from shaking or eliminate the fear that invaded my whole body. Right now, all I wanted was to have Ariana in my arms and never let her go. I also felt my blood boil at the memory of Gibson Black.

That bastard!

A few hours ago, while we were at the dance, Jacob came with his brother Samuel and a few other men dressed all in white, driving white cars. They informed us about the kidnapping of Ariana and took us here. This place was called The White Ravens. And from what they told us, it's an organization that helps kids like us who have special abilities.

Samuel and Jacob seated us alongside Ariana's uncle in this room and informed us of everything.

At first, we were shocked about this. We couldn't believe that the man we trusted for years would do such a thing. Also, now I understand why Ariana and Jacob have been talking secretly. Ariana was just trying to protect us from Black.

What an idiot I was...

And now, Black has kidnapped her, and we have no idea where she is.

We were scattered across the circular room, staring at the ground in silence-with worried and anxious faces. However, what puzzled me was that Lena wasn't here. She just disappeared while we were at the dance. On the other hand, I was walking back and forth, trying to calm my boiling temper and trying to stop my hands from shaking.

I was both scared and worried, wondering what they could have done to her. I just hoped to God that she was safe and unharmed.

I also wanted to apologize for being a prick because of my jealousy. But, I still can't forget the words Ariana said to me yesterday. She said that her life wasn't any of my business, which honestly hurt me. She probably said it because she was under pressure. And I forgive her.

"We have located where Ariana is," I heard Samuel say as he emerged from the automatic door with his brother. We all snapped our heads to look at them, and I felt a wave of relief wash over me.

"Thank heavens!" Ariana's uncle breathed out.

"How?" Joey said, wiping his tears away. He's been crying ever since he heard the news.

"I placed a small tracking device on her dress when we were dancing. Samuel said that it was necessary if something ever went wrong. I was freaking out until Samuel reminded me of the tracking device," Jacob said.

I felt my jaw clenching at the memory of seeing Ariana with Jacob dancing. I had decided to come to the dance, but when I saw her laughing with him, I finally understood what it means to be actually hurt.

I know that she wasn't cheating or anything, but she looked so happy when the person she was dancing with could have been me. But now is not the time to think about this, Christian.

"Samuel and I are going. You stay here, understood?" Jacob ordered, not even looking at us as he strapped a black gun in his belt while his brother did the same. I stepped forward, a determinate look etched on my face.

"I'm going with you," I declared, challenging him to say no.

"No," he replied rather quickly, making my hand turn into a fist.

"I said I'm going with you." This time, I raised my voice as I moved forward to him, and we could be face to face.

"And no means no."