Ch. 6: Sweet Death {Part One}

"Did she start attending the school?" the woman with the short chestnut hair asked, putting the cup of tea on the glass table and crossing one slender leg over the other

"Did she start attending the school?" the woman with the short chestnut hair asked, putting the cup of tea on the glass table and crossing one slender leg over the other. The man with the white-blue eyes and glasses nodded, taking a drag from his cigarette.

"Samuel, please keep an eye on her. We need to know what she's capable of," the other man said as he emerged from the balcony with a glass of wine.

"Don't worry. I won't let her off my sight, Vincent." Samuel waved a gloved hand.

Vincent sighed, taking a seat next to the woman. Samuel noted that he looked older, the blond in his hair greying at the sides. It didn't take anything from his handsome features, nor did age wither the stunning woman beside him.

"Today," Samuel announced, "I will watch her from a closer distance."

"Be careful. We don't want her to see you," the woman warned.

He only smirked. "I'm eager to know what she can do."

She shook her head, her delicate face sharpening. "Don't engage with her. We still don't know anything about her."

"Don't let her see you either," Vincent advised.

"I won't." Samuel rolled his eyes, throwing the cigarette in the trash bin. Well, maybe just a little.

They both watched him, almost like they knew what he was thinking. He flashed them his teeth, not in a smile or a snarl, and pulled out another cigarette to smoke. He lit it on fire, observing as Tamara glared at him.

He knew how much she hated the smell, and he enjoyed pissing her off. With a small nod, he walked out of the room, but not before taking something from the drawer and placing it in the inner pocket of his jacket.

Of course, that thing was his favorite gun.

Ariana

"Are you coming to the greenhouse after school today?" Rayne asked me the moment we walked out of the classroom. She had this hopeful expression on her face, which made me smile at her.

It's been only two days since I first started school. Mr. Jackson was still holding a grudge against me since that day I talked back at him. I was supposed to spend my detention this Saturday, and he was getting angrier when seeing I was fine with it. I've had my share of detentions whenever I couldn't take the bullshit of students or teachers.

It sometimes earned me both an earful from my uncle and a pat on the back for standing up for what's right. Pretty much the same thing happened when I spoke to Uncle about my little fight with Mr. Jackson on the phone.

I've spent my time mainly with Joey, becoming closer than ever. He has been close to Jason as well, and they've been talking to each other and making jokes during boring classes.