11.

"Finally!!" Luke groaned loudly as he stood up from his chair and stretched his hands in the air.

It's been 12 years since the last time he became the depressed person that he is and he somehow managed to stand on his own feet again with the help of his friends. He is now promoted to be the editor in chief for a lifestyle magazine. He made it through the heartbreak but as expected no other girl made him feel like how he felt when he was with the most beautiful girl on the planet.

His friends were one of the biggest help he got. Ever since the day they saw him breakdown, clubbing and getting girls were quickly out of their list. Luke is thankful they got knocked out of their senses or they will never get to know their beautiful wives. Yes, the three are pretty much happily married now. Ashton is now a famous architect, Calum is now a fitness instructor and Michael is now a pretty much a hotel manager. Luke is the only one single in the group, not because he closed his heart for other possibilities but because he could never take that green eyed beauty off his mind and chest.

Every night, he still thinks of her. How she is, where she is and how is she coping up with everything. He just hates it when thoughts of her having a family with another guy would enter his mind. He searched for her for the whole years of his life, but she really doesn't want to be found. He would tell himself every single time to just let her go and start a new life and possibly find another girl. But even if he tried to, he would only compare every girl he sees to Lauren. How much she cared for him, everything she have done to him, the way she smiles, the way she laughs, her intelligent mind. Everything is just too special.

"Your month long vacation leave is confirmed!" Jeremy, his workmate, told him with a grin on his face, "Are you ready for Hawaii?"

"Of course." Luke smiled gathering his things, "It's good to be expecting. My flight is on tonight."

"When you come back, we are expecting to see a better Luke Hemmings." He joked earning a light laugh from Luke.

"Idiot." He muttered whacking the guys' head lightly and bid him goodbye. He took one last look at his cubicle, since he wouldn't be seeing and staying on it again and left.

He would have a new office, a huge one for himself now. After 3 years of working there, he was finally promoted and the pay is three times higher than the usual pay he gets. He have packed his things, yes. He have also told his best friends about his plans and whether his leave gets confirmed or not, he'll go anyway. He wants to get away for a while. Find himself, since he already forgot who he is now. And he wants to maybe meet the girl for him.

He is 34 and he wants to settle down now. He wants to have his own family like the boys and he isn't getting that if he won't make himself open for other things aside from the real one he loves. He is slowly starting to accept that Lauren will forever be the past that he wanted to be his future. But that would be impossible since she already said goodbye.

"Are you sure we don't need to accompany you there?" Michael asked as they stood in front of the airport.

"Nah. I'm 34. I don't need people to baby sit me." Luke said tapping his friends' shoulder.

"You are still the youngest Hemmo. Stop pretending you're old." Calum retorted playfully punching his friends' arm.

"I still have a flight to catch though." He said looking behind him, "Ashton, will you please let go of my back pack?"

"I'm a possessive friend, so no." Ashton said with a slight chuckle and let go of Luke's back pack, "Go have fun."

Luke nodded his head and gave each of his friends a brotherly hug, "I will."

He bid them goodbye and went inside the airport. He is going to have so much fun. Forget all his worries away. Now, it's just finding himself and what he truly wants. He needs to keep his mind in track after all the things that happened to him.