10.

Luke stayed in Lauren's apartment building from that night and two days from that day, he is still there. He never went home. The only place he went to is the owner's floor and asked about her unit. It turned out that Lauren have already paid for the whole year. She told him that Lauren left so early with her things and four girls came to help her. Luke knows who those girls are because they are literally so hard to break apart. The five of them are literally too close that they could be mistaken as siblings despite the fact that the five of them looks exactly opposite from each other.

He tried to contact all five girls but he could never reach them. He even DM-ed and messaged them in every social media they own but he would never get a response. It scarred him even more when he found out that Lauren have deleted all her social media accounts. Is she that desperate to stay away from him that she needed to do that?

He locked himself in her apartment and would only open the door for the delivery of food. He ignored his friends' calls, he stopped taking care of himself that he haven't seen himself in front of mirror. He just doesn't care now. The only reason he had for living is away from him just because of his stupid decisions but now, no one is saving him from the regret and sadness that is eating up everything inside him because she is the only decision that made him happy yet he just let her slip away.

A knock on the door broke him from his train of thoughts and he lazily went to get it. As soon as he opened the door a heavy frown spread over his face.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I told you we could find him here." Calum told the his two other best friends.

"Are we not welcome in?" Ashton asked raising a brow at Luke.

Luke, who couldn't do anything, just opened the door widely and stepped aside to give room for his best friends. He closed the door behind him and turned to his friends who are still studying the place. The stuffed toy that was originally neatly kept in the box are now scattered all over the bed and Lauren's phone was just placed right beside the pillow.

"This is where you were all along?" Michael asked in disbelief, turning to look at Luke.

"What happened?" Ashton asked worriedly as Luke walked pass them and sat on the bed, picking up the penguin stuffed toy and placed it on his lap, "Did she leave right after that day?"

Luke nodded his head hanging it down and light sobs escaped his lips. He missed her so much and he doesn't know how to live another day without her. He thought it is going to be perfect. That he is doing the right decision. But no. The only girl he is living for left him. Because he hurt her. And he doesn't know where she is or how to find her since he knows she doesn't want to be found.

"Mate..." Calum sat beside him and wrapped an arm around his sobbing friend comfortingly, "I have never seen you like this and it isn't the best Luke we would want to see. You and Lauren are meant to be, we all know that."

"We didn't slap that to your face because we want you to realize that yourself Luke." Michael admitted sitting on the other side of Luke.

"You and Lauren will meet soon. Maybe not anytime soon, but later." Ashton said in an assuring tone, "You both love each other too much and I know you don't deserve to be apart forever."

"I want to be with her now..." Luke sobbed harder, "I regret ever thinking about wanting to be free. I thought I would be better off without and she will be too without me. But no... I need her. What scared me is that she totally forgot I exist now."

"We don't know that." Calum rubbed his back, "Why won't you go home and do something that could take your mind off this? We don't know she is back."

"Try to change your life for the better Luke," Ashton said tapping the youngest' head, "Make Lauren proud."