Chapter 22- Sweet Compliments

Start from the beginning

"That you'd slap me with your barehand,"

"And." She interrupts.

"And anything you can get your claws on."

"I thought so," Gwen suddenly acknowledges me. I begin to feel like I invaded their conversation; which I did. I was basically eavesdropping on a something I wasn't obligated to here.

"Are you going to introduce me your friend or-"

"Yes, my friend. Destiny this is my gran- Gwen, this is Gwen. And Gwen my friend, Destiny."

"Hello dear, I'm his grandmother and I hate to be referred as one. It makes me feel so old." She held out her hand out and explained. I get up and shake her firm but gentle grip. I give her a closed mouth smile.

"Are you a friend from school?" Nodding, I keep my smile discernible.

"Oh that's good Dom, you've got a friend. A very pretty one I might add." She sneers at Dominic. My smile grows, followed by Dominic's flushed cheeks.

"Okay, okay sit down. I'm didn't mean to intervene your date- Oops! I mean friendly outing." I sit down and chuckle a bit. Dominic playfully narrows his eyes at Gwen, taking his seat. She whips her head to Dominic and his eyes change from being narrowed to a loving glare. As if he didn't want to be caught. "So what can I get you guys."

"Ah I think I want my regular, Gwen." Dominic announces. She scribbles on the note pad and when she's done she looks at me.

"And for you?" Gwen smiles, her pen inches away from the notepad. Both Dominic and Gwen are staring at me. Smiling I ask, "Any specials?" I shrug my shoulders up slightly and twist my face. Both relatives turn to each other, cheesing.

Am I missing something?

***

Apparently I was missing out on something. The special was; I can't even explain. It was so beyond delicious. The special was named Spaghetti alla Norma. Gwen had informed that it was from Catania and was named after an Opera singer; Hence Norma.

I was given the dish in a black, curved and squared plate. Cheese scattered around the plate. In the center there was a plop of yummy looking spaghetti almost half eaten, unfortunately.

The cheese, tomato and I think a bit of parsley was scattered on the spaghetti. It gave it a certain color that made it even look more edible.

"Good?" Dominic questions from across.

"No. It's amazing. My gosh!" I tell him in delight. He smiles at me and puts the crumbled paper that he cleaned his mouth with, in the now empty and dirty plate.

Gwen was over 3 tables from us. I wanted to thank her for her. The funny thing about was when Dominic and Gwen gave each other knowing looks; like its some sorta tradition. I smile at myself when I think of there relative relationship. Looking in front of me, Dominic's eyes are glaring at me. He blurts out, "You're very beautiful."

"Thanks Nic, you're really sweet and not so bad yourself." I compliment throwing him a wink.

"So your boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend?"

"Jeremiah?" My eyes roll back.

"He is not-" I shake my head back and forth rapidly emphasizing "not".

"My boyfriend."

"But the clarification he made at the deli-"

Fuck the clarification. Who does Jeremiah think he is? Because that guy is definitely not my boyfriend.