SA 26 - Cassidy

SA 26 - Cassidy

CAS' POV

My conversation with Electra only lasted for about a couple of minutes dahil sabi niya ay tinatawag na raw siya. I tried reminding her not to exhaust herself pero ang sinabi lang niya sakin ay, "Sanay ako. Wag kang mag-alala sakin." 

Of course I know that she's used to a lot of work, what I am worrying about is when her body and mind would get tired.

I don't feel like going back inside so I just take a sit on a nearby bench facing the pool. It is quite cold outside that's why I hold on to the cuffs of my tux to slightly cover my palms. 

I close my eyes to forget about what happened earlier.. the piano, the song, her voice.. her presence.

I heard the emcee introduced her as Cassidy. A name that has nothing to do with my childhood friend.. the girl whom I promised to save her from what situation she was in that time. 

But every bit of her, reminds me of Aera.

From how she smiled while making her way up to the stage to how she bowed gracefully after singing 'Samson'.

"Impossible.." I whispered.

I don't know anything about Aera except for those things that she told me in a short span of our friendship.

Her name is Aera.. she's an only child living with her mom and dad. "But mom is always busy that daddy and I can't even find time to spend with her." those are her exact words while describing her parents.

She's taking up piano lessons in our summer school. I can always see her sitting straight on her bench while trying to figure out the notes that her teacher is teaching her. And when she played it right, she'll smile and hug her teacher. That was the first time I ever saw her when I was too bored to enter my guitar lessons and I tried to take a peek on the other rooms of that school.

Two nannies and a body guard always accompany her. They are the three people that she hates the most. And they are the people whom I consider as the villain every time I rescue her.

She wanted to have a pet hamster but instead was given a cat named, Tulips. 

She loves ketchup and the 'Super Sandwich' which happened to be my mom's best creation.

And most of all, she told me that she's lonely and she wanted to be free and happy.

How could a seven-year old think of that thoughts? I don't know. All I know is that little Aera wearing pastel-colored dress was sincere when she told me that. And all I could do that time is to tell her that I'll save her and she won't feel lonely anymore.