Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Baby

I'm so into you

You go that something

What can I do?

Baby

You spin me around, oh

The earth is moving

But I can't feel the ground

Hmm, as unseeming as it sounded later that day in the studio, the Britney Spears song was definitely not helping my mood or getting my mind off of the number one thing I should not have been thinking about: Sebastian Bridges, the bastard that he was indeed. What the hell was I going to do?

Every time you look at me

My heart is jumping

It's easy to see

Loving you means so much more

More than anything I ever felt before!

You drive me crazy

I just can't sleep

I'm so excited

I'm in too deep

Way too deep, I thought derisively. I knew better, I've always known better. I knew how it went: be pursued, know if it felt right. But was it right? I didn't even know. My brain moved way too fast for me to even comprehend what I was trying to understand most of the time.

Oh crazy

But it feels alright

Baby thinking of you

keeps me up all night

I moved from my position to turn off the boombox angrily, lost in my own confusion once again.

"Feeling well today Katerina?" I heard the deep voice that had haunted my thoughts for weeks now, since the day his lips touched mine. No, no, no I said to myself. I knew better than this. I was stronger than the irrational storm of emotions and feelings inside me.

"I'm fine Mr. Bridges," I replied.

He frowned as I faced him, "I thought you were calling me Sebastian?"

I rolled my eyes. I'd been referring to him by his surname for the past few weeks now, but of course he'd continue to insist that I call him Sebastian. Yeah, that wasn't happening again. All of this had gotten too personal already. Damn it! Why did I have to be so stupid?! Why couldn't I just leave well enough alone?!

I guffawed in retort, "No, I haven't for the last few weeks. Where have you been?"

"Showing up on time for dancing lessons, if you couldn't recall," he stated a bit smugly. Oh how I wanted to slap the shit out of him. Just wipe that grin off his face for good. Not that it would do much good. He'd probably love it if I slapped him.

I shook my head, Straighten yourself up and be a professional goddamnit. This is your job we are talking about, reason argued with my anger and won as I wheeled around and got to my feet. Time to get this lesson over with. It was seven in the morning and I had stuff to do after this nightmare was over. Daniella's wedding rehearsal was tonight and I needed to not be thinking about myself.

"Good, I hate having to wait and waste my time," I almost snapped.

He raised an eyebrow, "A little testy today aren't we?"