Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

they left us alone

the kids in the dark

to burn out forever

or light up the spark

we come together

state of the art

we'll never surrender

the kids in the dark

In the haze of my deep slumber, I could hear the disturbing resound of a pounding in my head, but the source was elsewhere. For the life of me I couldn't identify it but I wanted it to stop. It wasn't helping the pain I now felt in my head as my body forced me out of dreamland. Shit, I was going to kill whoever was blasting All Time Low.

Wait, All Time Low? Astrid I thought. She was dead meat. I was gonna kill her for waking me up at......wait, what time was it?! I turned over to my bedside table to see my phone sitting there. I grabbed it and checked the time. It was twelve thirty seven in the afternoon, so maybe it wasn't so bad that I was awoken by her music; except for the fact that my head was pounding with a raging, painful pulse. Wow, I'd slept for a long time. What happened last night? I was sitting in the bar......then Jace and Nickie saw each other....all of hell broke loose (figuratively speaking), and then I ended up having drinks and being saved by Sebastian. Fate you are a heartless bitch.

Pushing the blankets off of me, I noticed that I was still wearing my dress from last night. My boots and jacket were on my desk chair, neatly placed. Oh God, had Sebastian been the one to take them off me? The thought of that gave me a desirable shudder. Shit I was in deep trouble now. What had happened was anything but professional last night. Dear heavens above I could only hope I hadn't kissed him. I jumped up from my bed a little too fast and felt my head swim. Get it together Kaye I thought trying to maintain my balance. Grabbing my phone I charged downstairs where my lovely sister was finishing cleaning the kitchen, head banging to Icon For Hire. Really? I knew my sister was crazy.

I waved my hands at her, trying to get her attention but it was diverted from the music blasting from Spotify on her laptop. I went over to the couch where it was sitting and pressed the spacebar. Sweet relief came as the throbbing in my head died down.

Astrid however was another story, "The hell Kaye?! I was listening to that!"

I glared at her, " Can you not squeak like that? My head hurts like a bitch."

"So like you, you mean?" Astrid retorted smartly. Oh geez, "Just give me some Tylenol so I can stop this haze in my head and try to remember what happened last night!"

Astrid looked at me pointedly, "You mean you don't freaking remember?!"

The look on Astrid's face made me panic, "Wait, what the absolute fuck did I do last night?! Or....what did I say?!"

Astrid laughed at my expressions, "Calm yourself woman. It wasn't that bad. I was just amused that you didn't remember."

"Well after the fiasco with Jace and Nickie last night I drank myself up. Then Sebastian came in."

"Wait," Astrid interrupted, looking me over, "The billionaire was in the bar? Did he know you were going to be there?"

I shook my head, "I don't think so, wait, yes I did tell him. He asked me yesterday morning if I was going out since it was Saturday and all. He seemed a bit concerned but I told him to mind his own business."

"Well what was the fiasco with Jace and Nickie? Tell me everything!" Astrid cried, jumping up and down like a two year old.

"Make me a grilled cheese and I'll tell you everything," I promised, sitting myself down at the counter. Astrid quickly got out a pan and the ingredients before she said, "Okay, start talking. What happened?"