Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

‘Cause baby tonight!

The DJ got us falling in love again

Yeah baby tonight!

The DJ got us falling in love again

So dance dance

Like it’s the last, last

night of your life, life

Gonna get you right

‘Cause baby tonight!

The DJ got us falling in love again

We can only hope that Usher, I thought as Jace and I entered the club. Nickie had texted to say she was almost here, so we waited for her inside because I needed a drink. It had been a hell of a week with Billionaire Boy and I’d had enough of his constant flirting. Plus the man didn’t know his left foot from his right foot. He’d kept stepping on my foot when I tried to be his partner, since he was asked to be ready for dancing at his sister’s wedding. Turns out that’s going to take a while, and his sister’s wedding is at the end of this month. By the time I ducked out of there, rejecting his offer to drive me home at the same time, I wanted to get drunk fast and hard. I was ready for it. I was going to forget about how crazy Sebastian Bridges made me that day, and in general.

Now I wasn’t intentionally trying to play matchmaker at all, but wouldn’t it be great if Nickie and Jace liked each other? I mean, Jace is a Southern gentleman from New Orleans, and Nickie’s a down to earth Michigan farm girl. He was artistic and charming, she was confident and quirky. Yeah, they were pretty much destined for this.

When Jace and I approached the bar, he immediately flagged down the bartender, a fabulous man in his late thirties. “What’ll it be sweetcheeks?” he asked pointedly to Jace. I stifled a laugh. It was no secret that Jace was attractive to both sexes, so he got flirted with regularly.

I spoke up to relieve Jace of some embarrassment, “I’ll have a root beer floatini please.” The bartender replied, “Sure thing sugar.” and looked back at Jace, who cleared his throat, “Just a rum and coke.”

As the bartender floated away, I started laughing while Jace glared at me, “That was not funny. That was awkward.”

“Are you kidding? A gay bartender flirting with you is the best thing I’ve seen all week!” Besides Sebastian Bridges’ lovely muscles a voice in my head spoke, but I pushed it away. No time for that now!

“So,” Jace started, “You’re teaching a big time billionaire to dance?”

Really Jace? I nodded, a bit peeved that he’d brought it up, “You forgot stubborn, hard-headed, egotistical and many other names.”

“Is he a flirt too?” I nodded, “Quite frankly, he’s completely insufferable. He kept making eyes at me today, and has been all week.” I made gestures to put emphasis on my statement.

Jace seemed amused by my physical movements, “Really? What kind of eyes? Owl eyes?”

I rolled my eyes at him and rapped him on the arm. Jace was my best friend besides Nickie, but he was also irritating and a joker when he wanted to tease me. “No. He was making bedroom eyes at me.”

“Oh man you’re kidding!”

“Nope!” I said, popping the p, “He didn’t think I saw him, but the whole week when he thought my back was turned he was staring at me like he wanted to physically undress me. Like those pervs that used to come to the club almost.”