Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

I turn my cheek

Music up and I'm puffing my chest

I'm getting red in the face

You, can call me obsessed

It's not your fault that they hover

I mean no disrespect

It's my right to be hellish

I still get jealous

I don't think Nick Jonas was the only one who was jealous. As Sebastian led me to the table where he'd been sitting with his business partners, I got a couple of death glares from the scantily clad women around me. I suddenly felt incredibly self-conscious in my slightly tipsy state. Maybe I should just go home.

As we sat down, I noticed that Sebastian had a hard look on his already intense face, "What's wrong?" I asked.

He nodded behind me, "Those men over there are looking at you and I don't like it."

I turned around where he was looking to see two older men in biker gear grinning devilishly at me. The way they looked at me sent a shiver up my spine, but I wasn't some helpless damsel in distress who needed to be protected or saved. I shrugged it off and turned back to him, "They're just guys. If they have half a brain they won't bother trying to mess with me."

"You're right, because I just might give them a piece of my mind," he growled, looking in their direction still. Hell no you won't mister I thought as I waved my hand in front of his face, "Don't you dare. I'm a big girl and can fight my own battles thank you very much."

"Oh, so you've actually thrown a punch before?" he asked deliberately, inclining his head back towards me to look at me. I sighed, he didn't know when to give up did he? "No, but--"

"That's exactly what I thought. Do you even know how to defend yourself?" Sebastian sat forward in his seat, making direct eye contact, "They're not just guys Katerina. They could hurt you."

"Just because I've never thrown a punch doesn't mean I don't know how to defend myself!" I countered, "I work out everyday and I'm stronger than I look. And I sure as hell don't need you or anyone else saving me."

"Not even your friend?"

"What are you talking about?"

"That man you arrived with. I assumed he was your date until the other female showed up, then I wasn't sure," he muttered, trying to disguise his displeasure.

That was when I saw the light: he'd been jealous of Jace? Are you kidding me?! "He wasn't my date you boneheaded smartass. Jace is my friend from college and my second best friend next to Nickie," I groaned as I remembered what had happened not even a full hour ago.

He saw that I was clearly vexated, "What happened then?"

I sighed, "Why should I tell you?"

He frowned irritatedly. It was almost cute, "Because you look like you need to talk to someone about it and I'm right here. I may be insufferable at times--"

"That's the understatement of the century."

"Don't interrupt me when I'm talking Katerina," he snapped, the sight of his intense eyes menacing, "I may be insufferable, but I've been known to be a good listener too."

"Okay then," I started, "How do I know I can trust you? I don't know you, and you don't know me."

"On the contrary Katerina, I know you a bit. As my dance tutor I have to know. And despite what you think, I trust you. Whether or not you trust me is your choice, but I want to tell you that you can trust me."