"They killed all the giant housekeepers too?" Emma asked, aggravated. "How are we gonna find a compass in this mess?"
"By looking," Hook replied. "Start searching. I wonder how much treasure we could carry down the beanstalk."
Emma raised her eyebrows and looked at him.
"In addition to the compass of course!" He finished.
"What the hell?" I said, looking at a body. Well, bones. But there was a little pointed sword in the rib cage of the bones where the heart would have been.
"That," Hook said, "would be Jack."
"As in, Jack..." Emma began.
"The giant killer," Hook finished for her.
"With that toothpick?" Emma asked.
"It packs quite a wallop. You'd be surprised..." Before Hook could finish his sentence, Emma yelled out,
"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" And grabbed his shoulders to pull him towards her.
"It's about bloody time," he said, smirking. I rolled my eyes for what felt like the millionth time.
"It's a tripwire, mate," I said. "Quite a security system." Above the tripwire was a huge wooden box big enough to trap probably even a giant.
"Well that's a probable excuse for grabbing me," Hook said. "Although next time don't stand on ceremony."
Emma brushed him away. "Let's find the compass, and go home," she said. Hook nodded in reply.
"After you," Emma said, and we began looking again.

"So it's just in here somewhere?" I asked.
"Allegedly," Hook replied. "Give me a boost, would you love?" He said to Emma as he headed towards a big mound of gold.
"So I can't see what you're pocketing? No way. You give me a boost."
"Try something new, darling," he replied. "It's called trust."
She sighed. "We do it side by side and fast. Who knows how long before the..." But before Emma finished, loud footsteps headed our way.
"Someone's up," I said.
"Quickly, get under something!" Hook exclaimed as the giant burst into the room. The giant was running towards us, causing gold coins and rock to fall from the piles. A bunch of rocks fell right over hook.
"Hook!" Emma yelled. The giant came right at us. It picked me up. He squeezes tightly, trying to kill me.
"We're not what you think!" I said.
"You're a thief! And you poisoned me," he replied. "So, yeah, I'm pretty sure you're exactly what I think."
"No! You have a compass, we need it!"
"I don't care what you need."
I bit forcefully into his finger.
"Come on, Emma!" I called out. We ran towards the end of the hall. Emma figured out the plan. We jumped over the tripwire and I grabbed the sword. When the giant was underneath the box, I cut the string. The giant had no choice but to fall down while the box went over him. I went right up to him, bringing the sword close to him.
"Nice security system," I said. "Efficient."
"No. No, no, no!" He said when I began putting the sword towards his eye.
"I can tell by your face you know what this is," Emma said. "Let me guess. It's dipped in some sort of poison. You have a compass. I need it."
"You're gonna kill me either way," he replied. "Go ahead. Kill me."
"You don't know me," I said. "Us."
"I know your kind! They massacred us and destroyed our beans."
"I heard it the other way."
"That's because the victors get to tell the story."
I put the sword right up against his skin.
"Okay, stop! Here!" He threw the compass out from his jacket.
"See?" He said. "I'm not the bad guy."
Emma smiled, picking up the compass.
"Maybe you are telling the truth..." Emma said. "It doesn't really matter. I have to go. Are there any more of you?"
"No..." He replied. "I'm alone."
"What's this?" I asked, looking at something else on the ground near the box. "Is this a bean? Can it make a portal?"
"Not anymore. It was destroyed with the rest. I wear it as a reminder. A reminder that you're all killers."
I looked at Emma, and threw the sword down.
"You're wrong," I said, and we turned away. As soon as we did, the giant burst out from the cage and stood up. He reached down, but instead of killing us, he moved a stone from a hole in the wall.
"Go," he said.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because you could've killed me. And you didn't. You get one favor. Now go before I change my mind." Emma and I turned, but she turned back towards the giant when we were near the opening.
"Actually, we get two favors. Well, the way I see it I could have killed you twice. The poison and when you were knocked out. I didn't!"
"What do you want?"

And the next thing I knew we were helping Hook out of the pile of rubble. Not my choice. I would've left him. Well...probably not. I don't even know.
Emma grabbed Hook's hand and pulled him out. He was laughing,
"You are bloody brilliant! Amazing! May I see it? The compass?"
Emma dug into her pocket and pulled it out.
"It's more beautiful than legend," Hook said. "Come, let's go."
He reached out his hand for her, but instead of taking it, Emma put a chain around his wrist.
"What are you doing?" He asked. "What are you doing?!"
"Hook, I..." She sighed, "I can't..."
"Emma, look at me. Have I told you a lie? I brought you here. I risked my own safety to help you. The compass is in your hand. Why must you do this to me now?"
"I can't take a chance that I'm wrong about you....I'm sorry," she replied softly.
"You're sorry?" He yelled. "You're sorry! I got you here! I got you the compass!"
"I got the compass," Emma said.
"Are you just gonna leave me here to die? Have that beast to eat me? To crush my bones?"
"No. Ashton persuaded me not to, actually. We just need a head start, that's all."
We turned and left, leaving Hook yelling our names. As Emma and I turned outside, I looked back at Hook. And the look on his face was actually real. It was abandonment, sad, even fear. And I knew it all too well.

This is a really long chapter. But I hope you babes liked it! It's fun with Hook, isn't it? I haven't had a lot of homework the last couple of days so that's why I'm updating a lot. I'll hopefully have the chance to update again soon, probably once before the weekend and once during. Then I don't know after that because I can't predict my homework😁. Hope you babe love the story! Thanks for all the comment I love reading them!!
Liz xx