CHAPTER 46 (AWAKEN)

ADAM'S POV

Pagkatapos akong iwan ni Marina, my life went miserable. My life was a mess, my life was like a half without her. Kaya nung tinawagan ako nila mama at papa na umuwi muna sa San Diego ay agad akong pumunta, dahil wala rin naman akong magagawa upang makapagtanggi dahil ilang beses narin akong tinawagan ni mama at papa na umuwi na. Kaya nang makauwi ako ay wala akong ginawa kundi ang magkulong sa kwarto at matulog upang makalimutan ang lahat-lahat kahit sa pagtulog nalang. Bumangon ako upang kumuha ng alak sapagkat hindi ako makatulog ng mga oras na iyon, may narinig akong mga boses na hindi ko masyadong klaro ang pag-uusap nila. Hindi ko na pinansin pa at naghanap nalang ng alak sa kusina ng may naramdaman akong presensya at agad ko itong nilingon.

Para akong bumalik sa pagkabata dahil kamukhang kamukha ko ang batang nasa harap ko ngayon, at kilalang kilala ko na ito.

He is my son.

Tinuro niya ako at tinanong sa bagong dating kong ako ba ang ama niya. At pagtingin ko sa bagong dating ay hindi nga ako nagkamali, ang babaeng pinakamamahal ko ang nakatayo at tinitinggnan ako.

"Mommy ish that ma daddy?"

She was about to say no when I speak up.

"Yes baby, I'm daddy," I said and his eyes sparkled and I saw joy in his eyes.

He is my son and I want to hug him and kiss him. He's my son, my only son. A single tear escape from my eye and I wipe it away.

"I have a daddy!" he shouted joyfully and run to me. I pick him up and hug him.

--------------------------------------------------------

MARINA'S POV

"I have a daddy!" Helios shouted as he look at me, his smile grew wider and wider and I don't want to crash it and say no to him but I don't want him to be hurt later.

Nakita ko sa mga mata niya ang saya ng pagkakita niya kay Helios. Nakita ko rin sa mga mata ng anak ko ang saya sa pagkakita niya sa kanyang ama. At nang nakita ko silang nagkayakapan ay nadurog ang puso ko, am I a bad person to keep them apart? or let my son to be hurt later? Parehas lang na mali ang lahat ng ito.

"Helios, baby get to your lolo and lola, they prepared some sweets for you," I said on him and as he heard the word sweets his eyes sparkled and let go of Adam.

"Adam, what are you saying?" I asked anger in my voice.

"What? That's my son. I have my rights," he said and that's get me angrier

"You maybe have the rights but you're the one who cut it," I said shouting at him and his face turned red.

He rubbed his temples and calmed his self before talking to me.

"That's my child, my own son."

"Do you hear yourself Adam? You're the one who said that you want an abortion, you don't want him," as soon as I said those word I felt a presence and it was Helios standing next to me.

"Daddy doesn't want me?" he asked looking at me like he was gonna cry later.

I was about to pick him up when Adam swatted my arm and he pick Helios.

"Of course I want you. I love you my son and I am your Daddy," he said and Helios smiled and he give a hugged to Adam.

"Mommy can I pway with daddy?" Helios asked excitedly and I look at Adam whose eyes were begging for me to say yes.

I nodded and they both give a high five.

"Pwede ko ba siyang ipasyal?" tanong ni Adam

"Please gusto ko lang na makasama siya after all those years na hindi ko siya nakasama," he added and I took a deep breath before saying yes.

"Only tonight," I said and his smile grew wide and Helios jumped with joy.

Umiba ang itsura ni Adam, mukhang ilang araw siyang hindi nakatulog. His eyes were dark and puffy, lacked of sleep I think and his hair was now long and messy.

Maghahating gabi na at hindi pa sila umuuwi, nagsimula na akong kabahan ng makarinig ako ng tawa na nanggaling sa labas at Adam and Helios entered.

"Mommy! look at what daddy bought fow me," his eyes were happy and overjoyed. Ngayon ko lang siya nakitang masayang-masaya. He showed me a robot toy with a smile on his face.

"Woooow a robot, you sure you had so much fun baby," I said and he yawned

"Let me take you to sleep now," I said and he shakes his head and he hugged the leg of Adam.

"Can daddy take me to a night night?" he asked and I nodded. Ayokong sirain ang araw niya kung aayaw ako sa gusto niya. Isa pa ay naging masaya ang kanyang kaarawan ngayon.

Kinarga siya ni Adam sa kanyang magiging kwarto at sinundan ko sila. Hindi nakasirado ang pintuan kaya sumilip at nakinig ako sa usapan nila.

"Do you want me to tell you a bed time stories?" Adam said and Helios clap his hands

"Bed time stowies? I wuv bed time stowies," he said and Adam chuckled

"Okay, once upon a time there was a princess and a poor man. They fall in love with each other, really in love. But one time they parted because of the evil witch but unaware of the poor man, the princess was bearing a child," his words was cut off when he saw Helios already asleep, he scratch the back of his neck and smiled.

"Am I a boring story teller?" Adam muttered and I can't help myself to smile.

"Goodnight my boy," he said and lean on Helios and give him a kiss.

Pagkalabas niya ng kwarto ay agad niya akong nakita.

"Can we talk?" he asked and I nodded my head