CHAPTER 45 (MOTHER)

2 years and 9 months later

(Marina's POV)

Today is the day of his birthday and I am so excited to celebrate it with him but there is a room in my heart the feel of anxiety. But I push those thoughts away and headed to Helios.

"Hey Helios, it's time to wake up now. Because it's your birthday!" I said and kiss him on the cheek

As the words sunk in to him, his head snapped up.

"birfday mommy? ma birfday?" he said as he scrub his eyes and look at me with such an adorable eyes.

"Yes and you are now a 2 year old boy," I answered as I smiled at him

"Boy? I wanna be a manf mommy," he said in a adorable voice. I laughed at his silliness and I hugged him.

After what happened between me and Adam 3 years ago. I moved here in San Diego, Damien help me to recover here and I was shocked when he announce that he was getting married and I was so happy for him. Nagkaroon na rin ako ng trabaho rito, isa na rin akong nursery teacher. Kahit na hindi natupad ang pangarap ko na maging chef ay okay lang sa akin, minsan talaga ay umiiba ang ating kapalaran. Ngunit hindi ako nagsisisi dahil kasama ko naman ang anak ko.

Ilang beses naring tumawag si Adam sa akin simula nung araw na iyon ngunit kahit ni isang tawag niya ay hindi ko sinagot hanggang sa padalas na ng padalas nalang ang tawag niya, hanggang sa hindi na ulit siya tumawag. I cannot bear to hear his voice, to hear his reasons anymore. Maganda na ang buhay namin ng anak ko, nakatira kami sa isang maayos na flat na pangdalawahan at nakakakain din ng maayos.

Nakikita ko rin kay Helios ang mga features ni Adam, nakuha niya ang mga mata at ang ilong ni Adam. That's one of the reason kung bakit hindi ko parin nakakalimutan si Adam.

But sometimes I still see him wherever I go, even in the TV and in the news. Hindi ko rin mapigilan na hindi basahin ang mga articles sa mga balita. It says that he fell into a serious depression and became an alcoholic. His life is a mess.

Lucia and Sebastian called me and they are begging me to come to their house and bring their grandchild. Ofcourse I felt nervous at the same time thinking Adam will be there too, but I finally gave in and agreed. Gusto ko rin ipakita kay Helios na may mga taong nagmamahal pa sa kanya na hindi lang ako ang nasa mundo niya.

"Hey baby guess what? We are going to your lola and lolo," I said and his eyes sparkled

"Is it truew mommy? See lolo and lola?" He asked excitedly

"Yes baby so you better eat your breakfast and go for a shower," I answered and he clapped his hands happily.

After we prepared ourselves we headed out. (and did I tell you that they are here too in San Diego and it is a 2 and a half hour drive here to go there)

After 2 and half hours of driving we were finally there.

I knocked at their door and Sebastian, father of Adam opened it.

"Marina! iha, welcome home," he welcomed and hug me tightly and Lucia appeared.

"Oh! Finally Marina your here!" she whines and hug me too that I nearly cough for I cannot breath.

Then Sebastian chuckled adoringly as he sight Helios.

"Oh man! is this my grandchild? He has my eyes!" he laughed and hug Helios and Helios giggled

"This my lolo mommy?" he asked and I nodded

"Oh Sebastian, our grandchild. No, he has my eyes and nose," Lucia said and they both laugh and as they look again at Helios, he suddenly disappeared and headed to the kitchen.

Sinundan ko siya sa kusina at nakita ko siyang nakatayo at may tinuturo. Tumibok ng mabilis ang puso ko sa hindi ko malamang dahilan at nakita ko ang tinuturo niya. Si Adam.

Helios looked at me and smiled.

"Mommy! Ish that ma Daddy?" he asked and my mouth cannot formed a word to answer his question. Birthday na birthday niya ngayon at ayaw kong sirain iyon ngunit ayaw ko rin siyang umasa na tatanggapin siya ng sarili niyang ama, besides hindi naman niya gusto ang magkaanak hindi ba.

"Baby No-" I was cut out of my words when Adam speak up

"Yes baby, I am your Daddy"