Chapter 30

Jaida:

It had been two months since Cam and I had our talk and we were better than ever. Everything in general had been going great and I was no longer doubting it and that something would go wrong. I hadn't heard from my family since the day my mother called but I knew something was going to happen with them. Mother wouldn't let things go like that but it's out of sight and out of mind until she makes her move.

The new job was amazing and I loved Liza like a sister already.  I couldn't believe how successful her's and Shane's business was, not that I was doubting their abilities to get things done, it was just amazing how far they'd come in such a short period of time. Liza had also enlisted me into helping her with her last minute wedding preparations. We were already in the middle of October and she was over reacting with her freaking out about how the wedding will be a disaster. Honestly weddings weren't my thing, I didn't see what the big deal was about wedding. I wanted a simple wedding no fancy trimmings just my closest friends and my daughter and the guy that will make it official.

Genny was a lot like Liza when it came to weddings so I know they'd get along great when they meet. Speaking of Genny, Cameron, Bella and I were on our way to the airport to go pick her up. She's finally making the move and I am more than excited to see my best friend and have her stay with me forever. Sure we talked on-line but it's nothing in comparison to seeing her face to face.

"Cam baby we're going to be late!" I shouted standing in the middle of our room. Yea since I always end up sleeping in his bed, I just moved half my stuff in his bedroom. I've tried to sleep in another bed but it feels weird without being next to Cam. It feels like something is missing.

"Jai, we're waiting on you." I turned to see Cam standing in the doorway and I smiled sheepishly at him before trailing my eyes up and down his body. He looked good as always. In his tight black t-shirt that shows off his muscles and makes his eyes look darker and more mysterious than usual and a blue jeans.

He smirked and I blushed, "Ready?"

"Mommaaa come on, aunty Genny is waiting for us!"

Shaking my head, I walked out the room, "I'm right here baby, let's go." Bella was excited to finally meet Genny in person. Sure she Skyped her a lot but it's not the same as meeting her. I'm excited to see them click, Genny adores Bella as if she's her own.

Bella herself was getting so big. Her birthday would be in two weeks and she'd be four. I started her in a daycare while I was at work so she's making a lot of friends and I'm glad, she's a very sociable little girl and she has so much fun when she's there. She also started warming up to Maggie and Earl again. We have dinner once a week now. That makes me happy as well because Maggie and Earl has done so much for us and I didn't want to lose our friendship. Unfortunately she hasn't warmed up to the twins but baby steps, she'll get there eventually. I've started talking with Ronnie again, I knew she meant well for her little brother, it was just an out of control situation. I haven't seen Derek much as well but I take that as a good thing, I wasn't ready for Bella to meet him again.

Cam grabbed my hand, breaking my chain of thoughts and tugge me towards the car, "You look happy."

I smile up at him and tighten my hold, "I am. Really happy." He smiled in return and pressed a kiss to our entwined hands.

"Momma?" I turned in my seat to look at my blond haired cutie-pie.

"Yes baby? You alright?"

She nodded, "Can you and daddy take me for ice cream after with aunty Genny?"

I felt Cam stiffen besides me and I gently squeeze his hand for him to calm down. Bella picked up the habit of calling him daddy, something she probably learnt at daycare. I don't mind at all, because I never intend to let Cameron go and I want us to be a real family one day. He freaks out about it sometimes but I love that she's him as her father figure.