Chapter 34 (Part 1)

Jaida:

True to my word, tonight was the night we were all going out. Liza, Shane, Genny and Cameron and I. It had been two weeks since we had our fun day at the beach and things had been quiet. Too quiet, that I was starting to get paranoid that they would strike at any time. I chose to act like I had forgotten about it to ease Cameron's mind that I wasn't freaking out but whenever I was alone I would be terrified and always looking over my shoulder.

When I carry Bella to daycare are the moments I'm at my worst, thinking they'll take her from me. I know Bella is smart enough to know not to go with strangers or anyone that makes her uncomfortable but I can't help but get nervous. This one night I decided to really forget it all and stop being paranoid. Bella's at Clara's along with Ronnie and Michelle's kids but unfortunately they won't be joining us. They had other plans. So it's Friday night and I just got home from work and Cameron's rushing me to get dressed so we could all meet at Liza's and apparently take a taxi to wherever we were headed. According to Liza we must all be 'shit faced' at the end of the night.

"What do you think we should wear?" Genny asked, as I was lying on her bed, trying to figure out what we should wear.

I glanced at her and shook my head, "Dunno, I haven't been to a club in four years, I don't know what the attire is like now."

She shook her head, "You're like an old lady," she said with a laugh.

I shoved her gently, "I was busy raising my daughter."

"Excuses, you could have gone out whenever you wanted."

I stuck my tongue out at her, "It's not like I'm missing much, We've had our fair share of clubs in high school."

She smirked, "That's true, we were pretty crazy in school."

I laughed and nodded in agreement, suddenly feeling much more energized to go out tonight. I sat up and walked to her closet, trying to find something suitable to wear. I probably didn't own a damn thing worth wearing for the occasion in my closet so it's convenient that Genny and I are the same size. Rummaging through her closet a white dress caught my eye. I pulled it up and held it out for her to see.

"When did you get this?" I asked curiously. It was an one shoulder long sleeve dress with the back cutout and scooped neck. It looked like it would reach me just under my butt. It was cute and sexy enough.

She stared at it with furrowed eyebrows, "I think I bought that a few years ago but never wore it. It's yours if you want it."

I smiled brightly at her and she chuckled and shook her head, "Find something for me to wear."

I turned back to her closet, pulling out everything my hands could land on before I pulled out a black and blue two tone dress for her, "What about this?" It was sleeveless with a racerback and a mock neck with the front cutout. It was tight fitted and totally Genny's style.

She tilted her head from side to side before taking it from my hands, "I'll make it do."

I laughed when she winked at me and headed back to my room and to get my shoes, make-up and hair stuff. Genny was still on her bed when I walked in and I slapped her knee, "Would you go take a shower, you're gonna have Liza angry when we're late and she's gonna blame me. What do you wanna do with your hair?"

She groaned and rolled to the edge of the bed before standing up, "Just put it up in a high pony for me."

I nodded and stood staring at my hair through the mirror, thinking of what to do with it. Genny always did our make-up when we were going out and I always did our hair. That was our thing. We would take turns in finding the clothes because Genny was too lazy to do it all the time, or so she claimed.