Chapter 25

Jaida:

"Clara are you sure you'll be fine?" I asked for the hundredth time.

"Jaida Williams I will hang up this phone if you don't stop asking me that, now go finish getting dressed and enjoy the date with my grandson and I'll take care of your daughter," she said her voice full of annoyance.

"Thanks again Clara, I'm sorry, I'm just nervous," I said, my voice full of apology.

"No problem at all honey and don't be nervous, you can trust Cameron. Goodbye."

"Bye Clara." Honestly I wasn't even worried about Bella being with Clara, it's not the first time she spent the night at Clara's, I was just freaking out about the date. I mean Cameron's my best friend, I trust him with my life and yesterday he officially became my boyfriend so this is our first date as a couple and I was just being paranoid that something would go wrong by taking the risk of being in a relationship. My cellphone rang out before I could try and talk myself out of the date.

"Hello."

"Hello, my beautiful girlfriend." I couldn't stop the blush that flashed across my face.

"Hey baby," I answered with a grin on my face.

"Did you finish harassing my grandmother already?" he asked teasingly.

"I didn't harass her, I'm just nervous," I told her softly.

"Why? It's me and you, the super best friends," he said with a laugh.

I let out a laugh, "I know, I'm just being silly-"

"Calm down Jai, we'll take this one step at a time and one day at a time, I know deep down inside, you still have that doubt and I'm going to do everything in my power to reassure you that I'm not going to hurt you or Bella and I'm never going to leave you, not even if you begged me. I love you Jai and I know you know I won't hurt you so trust me to take care of you."

I felt my eyes welled up in tears at his words, "I know Cam, I'm sorry for doubting you, I trust you and I love you too." 

"Good! Now I'm still not going to tell you where I'm taking you, it's a surprise."

I sighed, feeling lighter, "I know Cammy," I teased, "Can you at least tell me if it's a fancy or casual place?"

He groaned and went silent for awhile, "Uhh I dunno babe, jeans, something casual I guess."

"Gee, thanks for the help Cam."

"No problem Jai. See you inna bit."

I always thought it was kind of strange that he didn't say goodbye but he's always been like that. When I asked him about it, he gave me some weird response about some philosophy he believed in, that people should only say goodbye if they're never going to see each other again. I told him it was stupid words to live by because we never know when is the last time we'll ever see someone but he's never changed his mind and I've never asked him to.

Walking to my closet, trying to think of an outfit I decided to give Genny a call, it 's been awhile since we talked over the phone.

"Hellooo my sexy bestie," I said, when she answered.

"Heyy gorgeous, haven't heard this sexy voice in awhile."

"How have you been my darling?"

"I hate being unemployed!"

Just like myself, Genny graduated this year and has been trying to find a job to save the money for when she comes to live with me, "Still nothing yet huh?"