Chapter 24**

Chapter 24**

Alan's POV

Waking up with a headache was the worst. I felt like complete shit in all honesty. I didn't remember too much from yesterday. What I did remember though was losing my job and not getting the job.

"Good morning sleepy head."

I looked over at the door where Austin stood. He was holding a mug in his hands. He walked over and sat besides me handing me the coffee and pain pills.

"Thanks." I said taking it from him and giving him a smile.

"No problem. How are you feeling?" He asked and wrapped an arm around me.

"My head is killing me."

"I bet. You were drunk outta your mind last night."

"I know. What else happened?"

"You cried a lot and I came to get you at a bar."

"I'm sorry you had to deal with me doing that."

"It's fine. Just tell me, why did you do it."

"I lost my job and then I screwed up that interview too. I screwed things up for the both of us. H-How are we gonna pay bills? Pay for our wedding, the cats, rent? Are we gonna have to hold things off till I get another job? Austin, everything is fucked and it's my fault." I said, my voice breaking. I felt so bad for putting him in a position like this.

"Hey it's not your fault and I still have my job. I can pick up a few more appointments during the week to help till you find another job. And nothing's gonna hold us back from doing anything. You'll just have to get out and start searching for something Princess." He said, "We'll get back to normal soon. Everything is gonna be fine. Now about you actually leaving to go do that, that isn't okay."

"I know and I'm sorry. I just didn't want to wake you and I needed space."

"Bab, you should have woke me up."

I shrugged, "I wanted to be alone."

"Still. I would have left you alone if you wanted that. I was worried sick about you."

"I know you were and I'm sorry."

"Just please tell me next time if you're gonna do something like that."

I nodded, "I will and I'll start going to AA again if you want me to."

"It's up to you baby."

"I'll go. I think it would be good for me to start again."

"Okay, sounds good to me baby."

"Thank you for taking care of me."

"That's what I'm here for."

I smiled and we sat in a silence while I drank my coffee. When I finished I set it down and cuddled up to him more. I still felt terrible for what I did last night. It wasn't okay and I really hated myself for it. Austin could do so much better than me and I don't know why he doesn't see that.

Austin kissed my forehead and held me close to him rubbing my back slightly.

"I have to get to work soon." He said quietly, "Can I trust you to be able to be alone for a couple of hours or so?"

I nodded, "I should be okay."

"You sure? I can stay home for you."

"No we need to the money right now until I get another job."

"I know baby."

"I'll be okay I promise. You can call me whenever and check on me too."

He sighed, "Okay, okay. I gotta start getting ready."