Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Vic's POV

Once Kellin and I arrived at the hospital I called Austin hoping they were already here. Just as we pulled into the parking lot an ambulance pulled in front of the hospital.

"That must be them." I said.

"Come on Vic." Kellin said jumping out of the car. I shut off the car and locked it up before following Kellin who was running straight to the ambulance.

Austin got off and next came the paramedics and Alan on the gurney.

"Alright, Kellin can you go to my office and get my things while I take care of this?" I asked him.

"Yeah I got it, just make sure he's okay, please."

"I will." I promised and kissed his cheek before he ran off to get my things.

"Okay so what happened?" I asked walking up to Austin.

"H-he just f-fell and he was c-coughing so much." He said through sobs.

"Aust, I need you to calm down and tell me exactly what happened," I said calmly.

"I can't calm d-down."

"I understand you're freaking out but you really need to tell me what happened so that I can treat this the best I can."

"I-I gotta go make s-sure he's okay."

"Austin!" I yelled and grabbed his arm forcing him to look at me, "Alan is going to be just fine. But I need to know more than just he fell down and was coughing. Now tell me what happened."

He took a few deep breaths before speaking, "He got up and w-went to do something and I heard him c-coughing in the bathroom and there w-was blood when I saw him and he couldn't s-stop and he collapsed."

"Alright that's better, now what did the para- actually I'll just talk to them but I need you to go sit in the waiting room and I'll come talk to you when we get everything figured out."

He nodded, "Make sure he's okay."

I gave him a reassuring smile, "It's all going to be okay." I told him and went to talk to the paramedics who told me everything I needed to know as they rushed him to a room. I helped the paramedics and nurses set him up on a few different machines to make sure he was breathing properly.

"It looks like he has a collapsed lung, he's going to be staying here for a while." I told the nurse and started writing down his information quickly.

"Do you want me to go tell his friend?" She asked.

I shook my head, "I got it, I just need you to watch over him and make sure he's getting enough oxygen." I told her and laid down the clipboard before heading out to the waiting room. I got there and saw Austin sitting with Kellin who had my things. When Austin saw me he got up quickly and walked over.

"How is he?" He asked and I grabbed my things from Kellin.

"He has a partially collapsed lung, it's something that does happen from the cancer. And before you start freaking out he is going to be just fine. We need to keep him here for the rest of the week for observation to make sure everything will be just fine." I told him, "If you'll just walk with me I can take you to go see him but he won't be awake for a while."

"Okay, okay." He said and followed me. "Just wondering but- why are you and Kellin still in your pajamas?"

"We were having breakfast and then you called. We didn't have time to change."