I want you to stay, stay.

The date was set and Mitch has worked meticulously on the arrangements. Scott had offered to help but he refused. He wanted to surprise him with everything. He got all of Scott's measurements and took in some ideas he had but this was Mitch's creation. He had dreamt of this day for so long and if he was being honest, Scott had been the man waiting for him each and every time. He couldn't wait to see that 5000 watt smile as he turned and gazed into his brown eyes. He wanted to see that emotion that would cross over his face and he saw the outfit Mitch had put together for one of the most important days of his life.

He thought back to the day Scott had proposed and how long it had been since. It had been so beautiful the way he got down on one knee and asked for his hand in marriage. Little did Mitch know Scott had already sat down with Mike and asked for his and Nell's permission. They were ready for this to happen and when the boys called them they were elated for the news. Soon after there was a very large party set up to celebrate the news of their impending marriage and all of their friends and family was there.

Mitch still couldn't believe they had come to an understanding and a place of peace with Alex and even he was there and expressing his good wishes for them. After they had been home for a long time, Alex had reached out to them and begged for a chance to explain himself. It took some time but Mitch was willing to give him a chance to be their friend and although he was reluctant Scott was on board as well. Once they got over the awkwardness of the situation they were truly happy to have him as a friend. He was amazing with Rory and she really loved him.

Scott and Mitch had announced at their party that the wedding wouldn't be immediate. They wanted to wait a little while and make sure everything in their lives was exactly as they wanted before they sealed their fates as husbands forever. Mitch had been planning this wedding for what felt like a lifetime but had truly been a few years. By this time Rory was in her teenage years and was happy to be the maid of honor for her two daddy's. They had made a beautiful life for the three of them.

Scott had wanted more children and Mitch had seriously considered it, but having missed out on so much with Rory he felt it was only fair to give her their undivided attention. Their life was so crazy busy with tour schedules and press dates, he didn't feel it was fair to subject another child to that and he wanted Rory to get all of them.

She had tried to convince him she was happy to be a big sister but Mitch felt better knowing she would have plenty of cousins from her aunt Kirstie, uncle Avi, and Uncle Kevin. They would have to be enough because Rory was more than enough for him. Mitch was lost in his memories and didn't hear the door open. He was surprised as thin arms wove themselves around his waist and he was squeezed from behind. He turned and smiled at his beautiful daughter kissing her sweet cheek softly.

"You have grown so much my lovely girl. You look so much like your mother. She must be so proud of you right now. I know I am and so is Scott." Rory smiled and straightened her dad's tie on his floor length light blue couture dress. Mitch had wanted to capture the best of both worlds and stick to his beliefs that gender roles were unnecessary. Plus he felt pretty and that was never a bad thing. Rory smiled at her dad with so much love it almost overwhelmed him. "Mom loved you and she loved Papa. She is going to be so happy watching you finally make an honest man out of Papa. It took you long enough."

Mitch giggled. "Stop it. You're gonna make me cry and then Kirst will have to fix my make-up and we do not want to hear that lecture." Rory smiled and reached into her purse pulling out a few items. "Here you need the traditional items for well wishes on your wedding. Your dress is your something blue. I found the barrette my mom used to use when she was dressing for something fancy." She placed it at the top of Mitch's head and it matched perfectly to his dress. He started to tear up. "That's your something borrowed." She pulled out a patch of fabric and a safety pin. She lifted the hem of Mitch's dress and pinned the fabric to the inside then smoothed the dress out. "This is your something old. This is a part of Grandma Nell's wedding dress. She would have wanted you to have it and know she is with you today." Mitch started to tear up and felt the flood about to take over. "And finally your something new." Rory wiped away her own tears and pulled out a gorgeous rose gold bangle bracelet. "This is from papa. He wanted me to give it to you with this note. I haven't read it but I suggest tissues. I love you so much Daddy. I am so happy for you."

Mitch hugged her tightly never wanting to let go. He finally released her when she grunted out her need to go check on last minute details. Mitch ran his hands over his outfit one more time being sure to smooth any wrinkles he found. When he was satisfied that he looked perfect he sat on the nearby chair and pulled out the note from his soon to be husband.

To the love of my life,

Mitchie it has been a long life for us but we are finally here. This is our day. You are going to be my husband and I couldn't be happier to know that from this day forth you will forever be mine. I love you more than words can describe and I am so lucky that you are mine. Please wear this bracelet and know you are my rose gold.

Love,

Scotty

Mitch was overwhelmed with emotions and he slipped the bracelet on and kissed it. He could not wait to see the man waiting for him at the end of the aisle. Mike entered the room ready to walk his son to his future.  "You ready Mitchie?" Mike asked as he fiddled with his tie and fought back emotions. Mitch walked forward and helped straighten his tie out. "More than you will ever know Dad." Mike nodded and held out his arm for Mitch. "I wish mom was here." Mitch said sadly. Mike hugged his son tightly. "She is honey. Trust me she is."  Together they walked as a family to Mitch's forever.