Its Not Just Something You Take

Alex looked down at Scott unsure of what to do. They had only talked that one night but he felt like he had known Scott his entire life. He had a strange place in his heart that felt like he needed to comfort this man. He crouched down in front of him and lifted his chin to meet their eyes. "Scott what's going on? Talk to me." Scott looked at him guiltily. " I shouldn't have brought this to you. You have been amazing and gave me an unforgettable night and now I'm bringing my relationship drama to you." Alex felt some anger hit him. "You were in a relationship and you slept with me. What were you thinking?" Scott looked back at him with sorrow filled eyes and Alex felt his heart melt. "No I wasn't in a relationship. I had a guy I wanted to be with and he was ignoring me. Remember I told you about Mitch."
Alex remembered him mentioning his long time friend. He sighed loudly and helped Scott to his couch shutting the door behind him. "OK what happened?" Scott explained from beginning to end how they almost has their chance but he screwed it up on a whim. It slightly stung hearing Scott refer to him as a fling but he had to rise above it because Scott was in obvious pain.
" I don't mean to down your friend so please don't take this wrong but if he is willing to treat you that way and say those things is that really someone you want to be with?" Scott looked at him incredulously and started to speak but Alex interrupted him. "Before you get huffy hear me out. I know you love him but maybe this is your sign that you should just be friends. Maybe there are better options for your romantic needs. Maybe someone you just met." Alex winked at him and Scott blushed. "I'm a mess Alex you deserve better than picking up the pieces of my broken heart." Alex caressed his face. "I'm willing to put in the work if you are the end result." Scott leaned forward losing all his emotions and pain in Alex's lips. They made their way to the bedroom for Scott to forget his pain over Mitch and get his most basic needs met.
Mitch was trying so hard not to show how hurt he was over everything with Scott. He was barely there anymore. It had been two months since they had made love and Scott was constantly with his new boyfriend. Mitch wanted to be happy for him but all he felt was jealousy and anger. How could Scott just forget about him and pretend they had never been together. When he found out Alex was the guy Scott had slept with he had a whole new reason to hate him. Alex was actually great. He was always kind to Mitch and very sweet with Rory but to Mitch he was a homewrecker. If he hadn't slept with Scott they would be together now instead of Mitch sitting back watching them fall for each other. He felt so much resentment towards Alex but he never showed it because he was such a nice guy it was hard to completely hate him.
Mitch felt like he just had to get away for a while and he finally was able to get his mom to babysit and get Kirstie free to go out. They went to the closest gay club at Kirstie insistence that Mitch needed to put himself out there. He was reluctant but a club was a club. The had drinks so his needs were satisfied. Well most of them anyway. He and Kirstie were three drinks in when he met eyes with a gorgeous twink across the room. He smirked at him and waved a small hand towards him. He slipped his hand under his chin displaying his gorgeous face and winked before turning back to his drink and Kirstie.
"Don't look now Mitchie but I think you reeled in a very cute fish." Mitch felt his presence before he heard his almost musical voice. "Well hello there beautiful is that me you were giving all that attention or are you going to break my heart and tell me i was mistaken?" Mitch turned and grinned at him. "Hmmm there was an awfully cute boy behind you but it guess you will do." The guy laughed and leaned into him whispering in his ear. "The name is Travis. What can I call you later?" Mitch smirked again and leaned into Travis' ear being sure he could feel the hotness of his breath, "you can call me daddy."