Funny you're the broken one but I'm the only one who needed saving

Chapter 24

Their first show had gone amazing. The whole band was lit up with excitement getting to see their fans again and hearing the screaming that was only for them. Scott and Mitch were euphoric by the time they stepped off the stage for the night. They were bouncing up and down and hugging slipping some small kisses in as they made their way to the dressing room. They wanted to get their stuff together and go out to meet as many fans as they possibly could before they ended the night in their luxurious hotel room. Scott planned to take Mitch in to that large bathtub and make him see stars by the time the night was over.

They cleaned up all of their belongings and set them by the door for the crew to load on the bus. Scott grabbed his fuzzy grey backpack and Mitch his celine bag and they headed out to meet with their fans. Scott started at one end and Mitch the other making their way along the fence taking pictures and signing autographs. They were in the best mood possible. They kept sneaking glances at each other and smiling when they saw the other was looking. As they were nearing each other in the middle of the crowd Scott was suddenly grabbed and someone was slamming their lips into his with a collective gasp from the crowd.

Scott fought and pushed until the person let him go with a loud smack of their lips separating. Scott stood dazed and looked into the eyes of the only other man he had loved. Alex stood there grinning like a fool. He looked at Mitch and winked making his blood boil and his face turn red with anger. He was about to say something when Alex spoke first. "You saw it here folks. You have been wondering forever and now that answer is here. Scolex is real. I'm Scott's boyfriend. We are in love and have been for a long time. You can kiss scomiche goodbye. It will never and I mean never happen." Alex looked at Mitch at the end of his little speech and smirked. Scott was too stunned to say anything as Alex walked away parting the crowd with his exit.

Mitch looked at Scott with anger filled eyes. He quickly made his way around him and signed some more autographs and did his best to smile for the pictures but his heart wasn't in it like it was before. His heart lay crushed on the ground as Scott made his way through the crowd as well still smiling as if nothing happened. Mitch was beginning to believe maybe Alex was right. Maybe they wouldn't ever be true. Could Scott be just using him as a place marker for someone better?

They finally finished with the fans and Scott made his way to the bus exhausted and confused. He didn't know why Alex would do that. He knew they were over. Scott did his best to let him down easy. Why would he do that and what kind of affect would it have on his fans and his relationship? Scott was pacing the floor anxiously waiting for Mitch to get on the bus so he could talk to him and make sure he was ok. He didn't want anything to have a chance to come between them.

Mitch signed his last picture and thanked his fans again. He started to walk towards the bus where he had seen Scott disappear but he couldn't stand to face him after what just happened. Mitch wondered back into the building to find Esther. He found her giving some last instructions to the crew and she turned smiling at him. "Hey Mitchie what a great opening night. You slayed the hell out of your vocals tonight. I don't know if you have ever sounded better." Mitch tried to paint a smile on his face for her sake but she knew him too well. "Mitchie you don't look happy. What's going on?" Mitch debated how much to tell her but decided the truth was better than trying to cover lies. He explained what happened between Scott and Alex and what Alex had done in front of all the fans.

Esther was angry and appalled at Alex's actions. She had always hoped Mitch and Scott would end up together but she did get to spend some time with Alex and he had always seemed so nice. This was so out of character for him. "I'm so sorry Mitch. What can I do to help?" He couldn't meet her eyes without the damn of emotions breaking into a thousand pieces. "Can you call me and uber and set me up with a different hotel room? I can't be around him right now. I just need some time to think and figure out what I want." Esther frowned, "If that's truly what you want I can do it but make sure you are doing the right thing Mitchie. You can't blame Scott for Alex's choices. He loves you so much. Just remember that ok."

Mitch nodded and Esther made the call for him telling him the driver would be there in 30 minutes and would meet him in the theater they had just performed in. Mitch went out on the stage and tried to get back the feeling he had just hours ago performing for thousands of people with their own original music. It had been magical how wonderful the crowd had been. They loved the show. Mitch sat on the end of the stage and dangled his feet. He tried to get his head straight and figure out what was going on and what his best choice was. Soon the driver arrived and led Mitch to his car. Mitch sat in the back quietly and gave him a hefty tip when he got to the hotel. "Thank you sir I really appreciate it." The driver nodded and took the money. "I know you don't know me but I couldn't help but see how sad you looked. I don't know your life but I can tell you that nothing is worth being sad all the time. Just follow your heart kid." Mitch nodded and wiped away the tears that were starting to spill. He checked in and got to his room cuddling under the large white blanket crying himself to sleep thinking of Scott and what this meant for them.

Scott waited for what felt like hours for Mitch to come on the bus. When everyone else loaded he was confused and concerned. Their driver started up the bus and Scott looked at her strangely. "You can't leave Mitch. He's not on yet." She looked at him with sad eyes. "He is already gone Scott. Esther called him an uber at least an hour ago." Scott wasn't sure how to react. He just walked away and climbed into his bunk shutting the curtain and looking at the ceiling. So Mitch was mad at him. Why was he mad? Scott didn't do anything. He didn't ask Alex to kiss him or to claim they were together. Scott was confused and upset. The bus finally left its destination and took them to the hotel.

Scott climbed out looking forlorn and made his way to the room he was supposed to share with Mitch. He had set up a romantic evening for them. The bath was already drawn at his request and was steaming with their favorite smells and thousands of fluffy bubbles. The bed had rose petals shaped into a heart and a single rose in the middle for Scott to give to Mitch. Some chardonnay was chilled in ice next to the bed and two flutes were sitting ready to be filled with the delicious liquid and pressed to their soft lips. Scott sat down on the couch and put his head in his hands. What was he supposed to do? Suddenly there was a knock on his door. He looked up hopeful Mitch had cooled off and wanted to be with him. He straightened his shirt and pants and walked over to the door ready to kiss Mitch senseless. What he saw made his face drain of color. "Hey there baby did you miss me?" the voice said as he pushed his way into the room locking the door behind him.

1