A Cold Sweat Hot-Headed Believer

Chapter 2

            "Excuse my language Mom but what in the fUck is she talking about? I can't be a father we haven't seen each other in years. I mean we broke up 7 years ago. How could I be the father of her child?" Nell shook her head, "I don't know Mitchell but she came to the house one day with a beautiful little girl. She has long light brown hair, blue eyes, and your smile, dimples included. Chloe told us her parents found out she was pregnant and didn't want everyone to find out. They made her move with them and didn't allow her to contact you. When she finally was able to move out on her own she wanted to tell you but when she saw how successful and happy you were she didn't want to ruin anything for you so she kept it to herself. She wouldn't have even come to us now but she is very sick. She doesn't know if she can care for little Lorelei anymore like she was able before and she doesn't want her ending up with her parents. They still don't approve of the situation and she is worried they wouldn't be good to her. She needs her dad and that is you."

            Mitch looked over to Scott who was just standing with his mouth hanging open. "How is this possible? Did you sleep with her Mitch?" Mitch looked from his mom to Scott, "Yeah one time. I was so confused about my sexuality I thought if I slept with a girl maybe it would help me get over the attraction I was having for boys. Chloe was more than willing to help me and she knew everything about what I was thinking. That's why we worked so well she understood I was confused but still loved me and was willing to be with me either way. We didn't think about protection at the time but now I realize that was pretty dumb. It was after that I knew I was gay and I broke it off with her. I told her I wanted to still be friends but I didn't feel that way for her or any girl. She was hurt obviously but she said she understood and we would be ok." Scott started to get slightly angry, "How could you not think of protection Mitch? That was so dumb and how could you just let her drop out of your life like that? Do you realize there is a little girl who grew up without her dad because you weren't responsible?"

            Mitch looked back at Scott angrily, "Hey you have no right to judge me Scott Hoying, you weren't there and you don't know the situation. Don't make me feel badly for something I didn't know about. I wouldn't have let her grow up without me if I had known." Scott backed down and felt the anger drain from his body, "You're right Mitch I'm sorry I'm just freaked out. I never expected us to face this especially at 25. I'm here for you and we will get through this together." Nell looked between the boys wondering if they had finally realized they were perfect for each other and forgotten to tell her about their relationship. "Are you boys dating?" She asked hopeful. Mitch laughed and hugged Scott before looking back at his mom with a grin. "This big idiot couldn't handle me for one day." Scott laughed along with him but couldn't help the small sting of hurt that erupted at Mitch's rejection.

            Sure they had been friends for as long as he could remember but the thought of them together wasn't totally crazy. If he was being truthful with himself he liked the idea of Mitch being his boyfriend. He really loved Mitch. There was something about him that was the perfect combination of sexy and sassy. He was the greatest guy Scott has ever known. He was sweet, honest, humble, and all around gorgeous. Oh how he could get lost in those eyes for days. Whenever he walked around naked teasing Scott, he couldn't help but hope one day he would offer himself to him. If he did Scott would jump on it so fast his head would spin. If he only knew what he had done to him. Scott could feel the tension return in him as he pictured Mitch this morning and his hand furiously taking care of his problem in the shower.

            He was pulled out of his daydream by Nell smiling at him. "You should be so lucky as to have this guy as your man Mitchie. He's a great guy you are very lucky to have him." Mitch chuckled and punched Scott's arm, "Yeah he's ok I guess. Well let's get down to business. What do I need to do to meet this girl and how do we confirm she is my daughter?" Nell went to her bag and pulled out paperwork. "Here is Chloe's information including her phone number and address. I went and did a dna test with them and it confirms that Lorelei is in fact a part of my family which should mean that you are her dad but if you want to do some dna testing I can set that up." Mitch nodded, "thanks mom I think it's wise. Chloe never struck me as a gold digger but its better safe than sorry. I guess I should call her and invite her up here. I want to meet this little girl and see for myself." Nell pulled out her phone and began to dial a number. "No need to call her and you can meet Lorelei today, I brought them will me all I have to do is call the hotel and they can be on their way over."  Mitch felt the anxiety rise in his stomach but walked over to take his best friends hand for strength. He told his mom to make the call and waiting in quiet anticipation to meet the girl who could change his entire life.