"W-what--I-I--?!" My sputtering was ignored when Damon stole Shane away to join the others. I sucked in a harsh breath, steadying my heartbeat and waiting for him to return. While I knew Klaus had shown obvious traits of jealousy, I didn't really think they'd amplified to the point that the others would catch on. I chewed on my bottom lip. If Bonnie noticed does that mean I should expect a lecture about falling for the most dangerous guy in the room from Sheila? Speaking of lectures; now Damon knew, he'd run to tell Elena the first chance he got. Would she be upset that I was crushing hard on her and her mother's killer?--

"Ready love?" I jumped with the voice, only just realizing that I'd begun to pace during my frantic thoughts.

I turned to Klaus, his ever-present aura of mischief making me narrow my eyes in suspicion. "Where's Damon?"

His eye gave a slight twitch, I could only assume out of annoyance. "He offered to hurry our findings along, believing he'd be a better motivator considering the Bennett witch would be much more comfortable with his coaxing."

"Oh," I released a shaky breath, "Okay then."

"Come on, sweetheart, I don't bite." He held out his right hand, lips pulled into a teasing smirk. "Unless, of course, you asked."

I managed an eye roll at the tempting offer, "Down, boy(!)" I accepted the outstretched limb, breath escaping my lungs as I was tugged forward, body spun until the hard planes of his front pressed snugly against my back.

Stubble grazed my ear, "As the lady wishes." And with that, we were falling. The wind whipped my hair into a frenzy as the illuminated blur of the cave exit grew darker, the ground more uneven when we'd finally reached the bottom. My legs trembled while I adjusted to the change, only pulling away from the comforting grip of Klaus' arm secured around my waist when my eyes found a smirking Salvatore. He was annoyingly smug, my eyes narrowing with the sight before I made my way towards Bonnie. It was only a coincidence that she was on the opposite side of the cave to Klaus.

"It's just amazing, isn't it?" Shane seemed to be running in circles, coating each stone wall in the little light his torch provided.

"It would make a great vacation spot(!)" Damon rolled his eyes, "Now where's this secret passage you've supposedly led us to?"

"It's there," I pointed just below Shane's feet.

The Professor frowned, "What?"

"Below you," I spoke with a 'duh' tone.

"...A geometrically perfect circle." He dropped to his knees, brushing and patting at the ground until dust particles threatened to replace my oxygen-- "This is it. This," he knocked on the stone, "Is the spot."

It took some maneuvering to uncover Connor's chest until the markings were finally visible, Bonnie's face morphing into a confused expression as she was finally offered a full view of the Five's tattoo. "How do I do it?--They're just symbols, there isn't a spell."

I cringed when she looked to me for guidance, taking a deep breath and hoping my meddling hadn't completely fucked us. "Okay, Bonnie. I may have stopped a certain progression which allowed you to learn how to do this," my reveal earned the witch's frown. "You're supposed to use expression, but if you did it would take over--that's dangerous magic, Bon. And learning it would have eventually killed you--"

"So I can't do it?" Her face just dropped, "We've come all this way, gone to all this effort, and we can't even cross the line?"

"We can still do this," I promised. "I didn't want you to completely learn expression because I didn't want you to get hurt. And while this spell requires tapping into something you know nothing of doesn't mean you can't do it. You're Bonnie Bennett--And I've seen you do incredible things for the people you love, and finally for yourself. You are the most powerful witch I know as long as you just believe you can do it--no matter how little you understand about what you practice. I need you to believe in yourself, in your magic and listen to Shane's instructions. Please..."