8: Hiding Mommie Dearest

https://data.whicdn.com/images/301746733/original.gif.

A FEW DAYS LATER

A FEW DAYS LATER

After finally willing myself to come face to face with Elena, the following plot actually slot into place quite nicely. Stefan was still freed from his temporary prison by Damon, running into Mikael shortly after the escape. Elena succeeded in breaking Rebekah's heart when revealing the truth behind the original witch's death, the doppelganger still successful in surviving the blonde's upset. And now the quintet is plotting the destruction of a clueless Klaus Mikaelson.

I had shockingly been too preoccupied to play along...

Sheila agreed her aid and how my own plan should be kept a secret from Bonnie considering how risky and stupid she might view my actions. I appreciated the aging witch for the confidentiality, grateful she was still willing to do a locator spell considering how much she worried about what might happen when I run away with the cargo she successfully tracked...Anyway, Elena warned me that tonight would be the night they hoped to execute their epic revenge, so I took that as a hint to be as far from the drama that I could throw myself. Hence placing myself on a weekend get-away to the sparkling city of New Orleans, a coffin straining against its ties in the bed of Gloria's truck.

The sun was threatening to sink when I finally made it past the city line, the bustling crowds safely guiding me to a cheap motel near the more recognizable buildings across town. I couldn't stop myself from walking around in awe, steps delicate and eyes wide at how real and exciting everywhere looked. The city offered me a strange pull, my body was almost more comfortable here than it felt when I returned to Mystic Falls...

My amazement fizzled quickly when I caught sight of a familiar face, straightening my posture and forcing up my best smile. I suppose it was time to get to business, the pleasure that this glorious city could offer would sadly have to wait.

"Hi," dark brown eyes flashed to meet my gaze, the calculation behind them almost shaking my confidence. "Sabine, right?"

Her smile grew wide and her shoulders tensed, "Who wants to know?"

"My name's Angela Jones," recognition lit her almost onyx eyes, smile quickly shrinking. "I'm glad to see you've heard of me. It'll save me an explanation, Celeste."

"I-I don't know what you--"

"There's no use in playing games," she actually gasped when my eyes blinked away from their usual hue of blue. "I know enough about you to be an enemy or an ally, it's up to you what path we walk down today."

She rolled her shoulders, head ducking after surveying the busy street behind me. "We can't talk here," she finally sighed.

I nodded in understanding, lowering my tone to portray myself as a more trustworthy confidant. "Would you feel more at ease meeting with me on witch territory?"