17: A Life For A Life

https://data.whicdn.com/images/48333145/original.gif.

The burn of Klaus' leftover whiskey attacked my senses a lot more aggressively than 'The Grill's supply, my skin covered in a delightful warmth as I prodded at the fire to ensure it stayed lit

The burn of Klaus' leftover whiskey attacked my senses a lot more aggressively than 'The Grill's supply, my skin covered in a delightful warmth as I prodded at the fire to ensure it stayed lit. The click of the front door signaled the home's current residents had finally returned from their date night, my body falling into a nearby chair as I watched the flames lick the consuming wood chips. Steps faltered when they finally passed my position, "Angel?"

Confusion hovered in the air.

"You know, I'm honestly surprised by how good my memory is sometimes. Especially when it comes to the most irrelevant of facts...the most useless faces..."

Finn hesitantly entered my eyeline, bewilderment marring his features, "What are you talking about, Angel? Why are you here?"

"My friend died last night because a new vampire in town thought it would be fun to play games with the local townsfolk," my drink swirled around the glass in my grip, "And I just so happened to recognize the vampire as part of your bloodline, my dear Finn."

His brow crumpled when genuine misunderstanding spread through him, "But I haven't turned anyone besides Sage and she's been--" He silenced himself when he turned to look at her, my own inspection of the woman showing a guilty expression... "You turned someone?"

Her breath stuttered slightly, "I was entering enemy territory," she reasoned. "I didn't know what would meet me when Angel called me to town, I just knew I couldn't trust anyone besides who I brought in."

Finn's jaw clenched, "How many people have you turned?"

"I don't know. A lot." She sighed, "Don't judge me, Finn, you turned me."

"Exactly, Sage. I turned you. My passion overtook my morals--"

"My passions overtake my morals on a daily basis. It's called living life to the fullest--!"

"As adorable as you two are(!)" I emptied my glass, stretching to my full height while my eyes came into focus. "The last 24-hours have made me a firm believer in 'a life for a life'. You asked if there was a way to repay me after uniting the pair of you? Your pet's heart in my hand should cover it."

The pair seemed quite stunned by my violent reaction, Damon equally as concerned when I admitted my desire to do this. He'd been reluctant in letting me leave him so I could follow through with this, but he also seemed equally as eager to have that vamp's head on a spike if it ensured he wouldn't try to go after Elena again--undead or otherwise...I was surprised by how okay I actually was with purposely seeking out blood to paint my hands with, my mind consumed with every possible way I could end the cocky vampire's life just because I felt justified...