10: Forced Actions

https://i.gifer.com/6nhi.gif.

I barged through the main doors of the scrap heap slowly building up to form the future Mikaelson Mansion

I barged through the main doors of the scrap heap slowly building up to form the future Mikaelson Mansion. A scraping sound echoed in sync with the click-clack of my heeled boots, Tyler's jeans scratching against the marble flooring as I dragged his unconscious body toward my intended target. The manor was eerily quiet, the memory of Klaus being forced to send his Hybrids out of town to appease Stefan floating to the forefront of my thoughts. I made a noise of understanding, pushing down the worry when I remembered the Ripper also had to threaten Elena's life to make that possible...

"Ah," I released my grip, Tyler's head bouncing off of the floor with a resounding smack, "There you are."

Klaus was standing in front of a completed fireplace, amber drink in hand and expression perturbed. "I'm afraid to say I'm not really in the spirit to entertain you right now."

I scoffed, "I don't need entertainment. I need you to pull your head out of your ass."

He glanced in my direction, a dark look in his eyes when he saw one of his unconscious pets at my feet. "If you're here to play with my patience, then tonight was the wrong evening to do so--"

"Cut the dramatics," my eyes rolled. "I've come to the realization that I've been particularly useless lately," my steps were measured, confidence seeming to stun him enough so that I was able to steal his drink right from his grasp. "It's been a rather annoying revelation to find myself so focused on getting stronger and grieving all over again that I've allowed the stupidest plot points to occur."

I barely managed to hide my wince as I sipped his whiskey, "And what does all of this have to do with you disturbing my evening?"

"I want everyone to play nice and to stop giving me a headache," my fingertips grazed the ornate detailing in the fireplace, eyes enraptured by the violent flicks and licks of the flames. "So, I decided to take one of those burdensome coffins before 'bad' Stefan could get his grubby little hands on them." My eyes trailed to meet his gaze, the Hybrid opting to stand a lot closer than I anticipated he would.

"And which coffin would that be, love?"

"The one containing your darling mother, of course..."

A dark look consumed his features, "Ah, so it is you who I--"

"If a single threat passes your lips, then I will awaken your mother and provide her with all the means she requires to finally kill you." I took a step closer, eyes narrowing in a dare as he clenched his jaw. "I'm not one to make false promises, Klaus, so don't test me."

His nostrils flared, a harsh breath sucked into his lungs with the attempt to compose himself... "What do you require for a trade?"

My lips tilted upward in a failed attempt not to smile, "Oh, there won't be a trade, Nikky. I mean, what would be the point in hiding her in the first place(?)" His expression dropped, "Now, now." I pat his shoulder, moving around him to set our shared drink atop a nearby table. I was surprised he was so passive toward me controlling the room, "I don't want you upset with me. Especially when I hid her in the first place to stop Stefan from finding the right witches to open her up and send her after you--"