20: Sire Bond Stress

https://data.whicdn.com/images/120847973/original.gif.

"One for you, one for you--Angel? Do you want the same?"

The distant call of Elena welcomed me, my lips quirking upward over her vampire hearing picking up on my entrance, "No thanks," I turned into the main foyer. "I'm covered," a small bottle of vodka was presented with one hand while my other held my favorite juice.

"I'm assuming this is for Caroline," Bonnie picked up the blood bag, interrupted in passing it to Care when Elena stole it back.

"Actually, It's for me."

"Oh," Bonnie frowned, "But I thought--"

Care's eyes widened, "Are you saying that--?"

"Thanks to Damon," the brunette grinned, "I am now a functional, dysfunctional vampire."

"That's amazing," Bonnie smiled.

"Congratulations Elena," I bumped her shoulder while passing, moving around the sofa to fill the free space next to her.

I almost rolled my eyes watching Care's arms fold over her chest, "What do you mean; thanks to Damon?"

"Well," Elena played with the lip on the blood bag, "He suggested that I try it again, so I did and it worked--No more snatch, eat, erase."

"Hmm," the blonde's eyes narrowed, "And where is my least favorite Salvatore?"

Elena was quick to pull her phone out, scrolling through tabs until she landed on the right page-- "'Out with Stefan for the night, don't wait up. Brother bonding.'"

"So you guys check-in text now?"

"Well, we'd be clueless on his whereabouts if they didn't, right?" Care sunk into her seat under my stare, the foundation of her annoyance shaken when our previous conversation lit up in her baby blues. "Besides, who cares? This is a girls' night," I pressed, "Let's have fun."

Bonnie nodded her head in agreement, "Agreed--So, new girls' night rule; no boy talk, yeah?"

"I'll drink to that," Elena lifted her blood bag, clinking it against three bottles.

"Cheers!"

-TIME SKIP-

Laughter bubbled from the spacious bathroom as Elena turned her phone towards us, a freeze-frame of her mid-run only increasing the noise-- "This year's Christmas card!" She sunk back into the bathtub, a dopey grin contorting her lips, "Being a vampire is so weird--Oh, my God, I love this bathtub!"

My fingertips glided up and down my corner of the rim, "Comfy, ain't it(?)"

Her head lolled to the side, gaze finding me as a questioning scrunch pulled her eyebrows together. "Why don't we come and hang out here more often?"