Friend or foe?

Andrea's POV

I've changed my mind about getting my first badge here in Kanto. I want to start in johto and it would give me a chance to see my brother and dad. I thought as I looked at pikachu, eevee, and vulpix play.

It's been forever since I saw them. And johto has a league coming up. I don't want to miss my chance to shine!

"Hey guys let's stop here!" I yelled out to my pokemon. They all come over to me. I pulled out a bag of pokemon food and gave them each a little for snacking. I ate a peach from the trees.

It's been 5 days since I changed my mind. I skipped the first city. But I'm on my way to the second. I'm just going to have to come back to the first city.

Aaron's pov (forest near azalea town)

"Buneary are you excited about the next gym leader?" I asked him. He nodded.

"I am too. I can't wait to show them what we are made of." I said. I was just walking and not paying attention to buneary's warning and I tripped over a backpack.

"Ugh why is that here?" I said with frustration. I picked it up and I felt someone grab it.

"That's mine. Sorry." Said a girl's voice. I look up and see a girl with dark brown hair and fair skin. She has on a white tank top with pink shorts. Beside her was a pikachu, eevee, and vulpix. I let go of the bag.

"No problem. Just keep your stuff with you." I replied rudely. I immediately felt bad for being rude.

"You don't have to be so rude!" She yelled.

"Sorry. My name is Aaron and this is buneary." I said pointing to buneary and extending my hand out for her to shake.

"My name is Andrea and this is pikachu, eevee, and vulpix." She took my hand and shook it but dug her nails into my hand. I grabbed her hand and twisted it a bit, not enough to break but enough to hurt her. She lets go.

"Oww. You're mean. I like you." She said rubbing her wrist. I sat down. She sits beside me.

"Vulpix and eevee return." She said, leaving only pikachu. "So where you from?" She asked.

"Sinnoh. You?"

"Kanto. I was going to get my badges in Kanto but I wanted to see my brother and dad." She said with a sigh.

"I'm 12." I said changing the topic.

"Changing the topic I see. Okay I'm 10. Did something happen or you just wanted to start at that age?"

"My mom thought I wasn't ready for a pokemon. So she made me wait for 2 years." I said, shaking my head.

"My mom was excited for me. She woke me up. If it wasn't for her, I would've had to wait until next year." I said, smiling.

Buneary walked up to Andrea. "Aww adorable! Can I pet her?" She asked.

"Yea sure." She picked up buneary and rubbed her head gently. Buneary made a little purring sound.

"Awwww!! She's too cute! I just love cute pokemon."

"Yea he is cute."

"He? Buneary is a girl." She said still playing with buneary.

"No way!! Buneary is a boy."

"Nope. Girl. Ask her yourself." She said, giving me buneary.

I looked at buneary. "Are you a girl?" I asked. She nodded.

"Bunearyyy." She groaned.

"Wow. Is that why you've been giving me a hard time?" I asked.

"Bun-eary." She said, taking a pause in between her name.

"Well you're still my pokemon!" I said, putting her down to play with pikachu. Her and pikachu chased each other.

"Don't go to far guys!" I yelled.

"Hey Aaron? How many pokemon do you have? If you don't mind me asking." She said.

"I have two. Buneary and a beautifly." I said.

"Wow. Can I see it?" She curiously asked.

"Sure. Come on out beautifly!" I called out, throwing the ball.

"Beautifly!" It said.

"Wowwww!! She gorgeous! I love her." Andrea went over to pet her but beautifly flew towards Aaron.

"She had a bad experience with trainers. Her trainer left her. It's okay beautifly. She's not going ti hurt you." I soothed her. She calmed down a little and slowly flew over to Andrea. Andrea slowly reached out and petted her cautiously.

"She really likes it. Okay beautifly, ready to return?" I asked.

She nodded. "Beautifly! Return!"

"Pikachu! Come on! We got to get going to the next town!" She said. Pikachu ran to her and climbed up to her shoulder.

"Wait. Where are you going?" I asked.

"Azalea town."

"Really? We can go together if you want. Buneary and I were going to challenge the gym leader."

"No way!! Me too! Lets go together!" She said.

"Okay." She picked up her bag and started to walk. I grabbed her arm.

"Before we go, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Will you battle me?"

"Are you sure?" She asked

"Yes."

"Okay."

"Okay one on one. First pokemon who is unconscious wins." I said. She nodded.

"Lets go Buneary!" I said.

"Going with buneary? Alright come on out, Eevee!"

"Let's start this off Eevee! Use tackle!" Eevee took off fast.

"Buneary use dizzy punch!" Buneary was too slow. Eevee hit buneary. She flew back a little.

"Buneary try dizzy punch one more time!" Buneary charged at eevee.

"Dodge eevee!" Eevee got hit by buneary.

"Eevee are you okay?" Eevee looked around, dizzy from dizzy punch.

"Come on eevee! Shake it off!" Eevee got steady on her feet. "Good! Now use tackle!"

"Buneary use tackle!" They both dashed towards each other. They collided head on. The impact blew both of them back.

"Eevee!" Andrea yelled.

"Buneary!" I yelled. We both ran to our pokemon and picked them up. "This is a draw." I said.

"Now we need to get the center." She said. I nodded. We ran to the center.

The pokemon center

"Buneary and Eevee are fine now." Nurse joy say.

"Thanks." We both said. We grabbed our pokemon and then sat down in the waiting room.

"I decided that I'm going to join you on your journey." She said.

"What? Why?" I said.

"Being rude again. Haha I want to go with you. It gets lonely when you have no human friend to talk to."

"Okay you can join us." I said.

"Yay!!!" She said.

This is some turn of events. I have a crazy girl with me now. I thought as I looked at her.

It might not be all bad.