Win or lose?

Author's note

Aaron's first gym battle. He will have to trust buneary. This battle will be a one round battle. Let's see if buneary have what it takes to get a badge. And if you say, "This isn't like pokemon at all" It's not suppose to be like pokemon. Just some things are similar to pokemon.

Aaron's pov

johto region(violet city)

"We finally made it buneary!" I yelled. "Violet gym here I come." I said. I started to walk but then I heard buneary's stomach growl.

"I guess we better eat." I said turning around and walking to find us a place to eat.

I found a stand that sold pokemon food. Buneary's eyes lit up with happiness.

"Buneary! Bun bun buneary!" He sang. I smiled at him and ordered the food.

"Can I have one hot dog and a bowl of pokemon food?" I politely asked.

"Coming right up." said the man. Five minutes later, the man came back to the window and handed us our food.

"Thanks."

"You are welcome."

I turned to buneary. "It's time to chow down."

"Buneary!"

10 minutes later...

"That was great. Now are you ready to have our first gym battle?" I asked. He nodded his head. "Alright. Lets get going." We turned down this random street. "Ummm I think we are lost buneary."

"Bunearyyyy!" He scolded me.

"I'm sorry for not knowing directions." I said sarcastically.

"Excuse me?" said a unfamiliar voice. I look up and I see a boy. His hair was blue, short, and somewhat spikey.

"Yes?" I said.

"I overheard you say that you were on your way to the gym." He said firmly.

"Yea?"

"I can take you there if you don't mind."

"That would be great."

"Okay follow me."

We made a right and we are currently walking down a road that seemed forever.

"The gym is straight down this road." He said pointing.

"Thanks for all your help. Umm, what's your name?" I asked.

"Name's Falkner."

"I'm Aaron." I said.

"Why are you here is the johto region? I know you don't live here because I never saw you here before." He asked curiously

"I'm traveling. I want to become the best pokemon trainer there is." I said full of determination.

He nodded. "With that attitude, you will succeed with no trouble." He said. "We are here."

I opened the door and I walked in. The place was huge. "Where's the leader?" I asked, looking around for the leader.

"I don't know but hey, would you like to help me prepare?" asked Falkner.

"Sure."

I went to the right side of the arena and he went to the left.

"The rules are simple. The first pokemon who is unable to fight will lose. There will be one battle only. And may the best trainer win." He said.

"Fine by me. I choose you Buneary!" I said.

"Buneary!" He said in excitement. He jumped into ready position.

"Buneary, eh? I guess I'll go with you: pidgeot!"

"Hm? I've never seen that pokemon before." I said pulling out my pokedex.

"Pidgeot, the normal/flying type pokemon and also the evolved of pidgeotto. Its well-developed chest muscles make it strong enough to whip up a gusty windstorm with just a few flaps."

"Wow well this should be fun. Get ready because buneary is about to turn your pokemon to dust." I said to Falkner.

"Hehehe. Bring it." He said.

"Okay! Buneary use pound!"

"Bun bun bun. Buneary!!" He said jumping into the air.

"Quick pidgeot. Dodge it and hit buneary with gust." Pidgeot dodged pound and blew buneary away with a powerful gust of wind.

"Buneary! Get up." I yelled.

"Bun...eary." He said slowly rising.

"That's it! Okay use defense curl."

"Buneary."

"That won't help you. Pidgeot use quick attack."

"Pidgey!" It said. It flew in quick and hit buneary before he had time to use defense curl.

"Use quick attack again!" He said.

He swooped down again, hitting buneary again.

"Buneary!! Are you okay?" He got up, out of breath.

"Okay buneary use quick attack!"

Buneary moved quick. "Pidgeot use quick attack!" Buneary and pidgeot collided head first. Both pokemon were sent flying back from the collision. I ran to buneary. He was out.

"Buneary is unable to battle! Pidgeot wins!"

"Pidgeot return." Said Falkner. He then walked over to Aaron. "You should train your Pokemon if you want to defeat me."

"You aren't the one I came to battle. I came for the gym leader."

"I am the gym leader." He said.

"What?"

"Yep I'm the gym leader. And to get the Zephyr badge, I suggest training buneary. I'll see you in 5 days."

I nodded. I picked up buneary and ran. You tried your best buneary. Now I have to make you feel better. I'll take you to the pokemon center.

---the pokemon center---

"Excuse me! My pokemon needs help." I said as soon as I walked into the center.

"How may I help you Aaron?" Said Nurse joy.

"Hey Nurse joy. I challenged the gym leader at violet gym and buneary got hurt." I said.

"Let me take of everything." She took buneary from me. And put him on a little cart. I sat in the waiting room.

"How can I beat someone like that? He is too good."

"Are you talking about Falkner?" Said a girl.

"Yea. Do you know him?"

"Yes. I also went up against him. He beat me like it was nothing. I trained my butt off to defeat him."

"Wow."

"I can help you train if you want. See I also have a buneary. She was a gift from my mom."

"It would great if you helped me..." I stopped because I didn't know her name.

"Oh my name is Elizabeth but call me liz."

"Okay liz."

"Aaron. Buneary is fine now." Said Nurse joy as she approached us.

"So your name is Aaron?"

"Yup." I said. Buneary jumped in my arms.

"I missed you too buddy."

He quickly looked away and frowned.

"Buneary. Liz is going to help you train." I said. His eyes sparkled.

"Your training starts tomorrow. So we should get some rest." I said.

In 5 days Falkner. I'm going to beat you.