Gone

When I read the label on the tube I felt a sense of urgency like I have to find Raquel now. I make it to the parking garage making sure I'm not being followed. When I get to my car there's a note on my window.

"you'll never find her it reads.".

I quickly throw my things in the car, grab the note and head for the police station. At a red light I quickly text Calvin to let him know what I'm up to.

I arrive at the police station with my evidence in my hand. I'm tired of whoever is ruining my life they need to stop playing with me. I walk in angry as ever to the front desk.

"Hello, how can I help you?" the lady at the front desk asks.

"I'd like to file a missing persons report." I say

"How long has this person been missing?" the lady asks.

I don't know since today." I say.

"the person has to gone for over 24 hours." the lady says angering me.

"I have evidence someone kidnapped my friend." I say.

"I'm sorry ma'am but it has to be over 24 hours." the lady says again.

I storm out angrily.

I slam my car door and sit there and cry. I unlock my phone to only see a picture of Raquel and me making me cry even more. I don't care what anybody says I'm going to find my best friend.

After I finish crying I drive back home to pull off my work clothes and put on something more comfortable. I walk in the house without saying hi to Calvin which alarms him.

Calvin follows me upstairs asking me a million questions.

"What's wrong? What happened? Did you find her?" Calvin asks.

I just ignore him and continue what I'm supposed to be doing.

"Danielle, I know you hear me talking to you." Calvin says.

I start to change my clothes when I'm stopped by a hand grabbing me.

"Slow down, tell me what's wrong?" Calvin says still holding me.

I begin to tell him what I know which calms me down.

"Thank you for calming me down. There's a lot going on right now. And it's driving me crazy." I say.

"your not going any where tonight. Were going to relax and in the morning we will go look for Raquel." Calvin says.

"This is why I love you." I say.