Chapter 1 | Brothers

Start from the beginning

Dad was so embarrassed when I first told him I needed money to buy something. He kept on asking what I needed to buy and I just kept on saying something, my face getting redder. And when he finally made me tell him, I was embarrassed to say that I was on my period and that I needed some pads and tampons.

And after that day whenever I said that I needed money to buy something, he just pulled out two twenties and left.

My eyes widened when I snapped out of my thoughts and came back to reality, realizing again what Jake did.

"Jake that's Mom's couch!" I exclaimed.

Jake's eyes widened too. "CODE RED! CODE RED! MOM'S COUCH HAS BEEN CONTAMINATED WITH MY CEREAL!"

"I'm screwed, I'm screwed, I am so screwed," he chanted gripping his hair. 

Jake knew how important that couch was to Dad. He was also comforted by it since it was the first couch he and my mom had bought. I knew that my dad wanted that couch to stay in the house forever.

"You're on your own," I told him.

"You got to help me Lina, Dad's going to kill me," he pleaded.

I scoffed. "No way! You always do this. And who gets blamed for getting caught? Me. So no, you're on your own."

Making my to the kitchen, I found Hunter. My last brother. He was also a football player in the varsity team for Troy. He was the star quarterback and the coach adored him. The worse part about having a brother in the same grade as me, was that he requested to have all his classes with me.

He was the main reason why I never got to talk to guys. Hunter gave a very inciting speech to all guys on the intercom when I started junior year. He said they all had two choices; they either never talked to me, or tried and would have a black eye the next day. And till that day, no more guys.

Hunter was looking at his phone while eating his cereal on our kitchen island.

I cleared my throat and put on a big smile on my face.

"Cara texted me."

Hunter didn't even glance at me.

Cara Lane is his girlfriend for two years. I was so jealous of their relationship because they had a relationship. Me? Not in a million years, thanks to my brother Hunter.

Cara was such a help trying to take Hunter away from me so I could at least get to know a guy before Hunter was back. Sometimes we succeeded, and sometimes we didn't.

Sometimes I don't get what's wrong with my brother that is a football player, that is six foot and four inches tall, and can beat you in a fight because of how strong and big he is.

Okay I get why most guys are scared of him. But seriously. Why can't a guy fight back to be with me?

It's so ridiculous to think that guys don't think I'm worth fighting for.

"She said to meet her before class starts near the bathroom," I continued telling Hunter, after snapping out of my thoughts.

He looked up and narrowed his eyes at me.

"Cara also texted me," he replied, bored. "She told me she was going to meet her friends before first block."