The centaurs

Ariana's POV-

When I fill my bucket of plangentines, I feel a little burst of pride.

"Hagrid, I've finished a bucket." I call out, and he claps my back with his dustbin sized hands.

"Okay, reckon you could get that one?" Hagrid asks, gesturing towards a patch about 200 meters away.

"Sure" I walk over to the patch and sit down. The plangentines are gleaming brightly by moonlight, round orange fruits so juicy they look like small fat pumpkins.

I am suddenly lifted by my arms into s horse. I look up and see a man's torso... JOINED ONTO THE HORSE.

"LET ARI DOWN, YER STINKIN' HORSE!" Hagrid is yelling.

I squeak and demand, "put me down, please!"

"You are the potter girl, are you not?"

"Y-yes, b-but..." I stutter, riding away from the plangentine patch and the safety net of Hagrid.

"That is all I must know. I am banten. A centaur, silly girl." The handsome centaur turns a bend and I see so, so many others.

Some are as beautiful as banten. Some are scarred and broken, many splattered with mud or blood. One has a large arrow caught in his flank, with is spewing blood grotesquely. It is enough to make me want to vomit.

"Miss potter. We need your help, child." A palomino centaur steps forward. His naked upper body is muscular and taut muscles burst from his arms. His face is perfectly sculpted, high cheekbones and perfect pink lips.

His expression gives the aura of a wise but young man. His horse's body is groomed beautifully.

"With what?" I ask.

"The spiders. Acromanula. Since aragog died, a new leader has emerged. And he is killing many of our centaurs. He says he will stop if we get a potter on our side. Will you, Ariana Hedwig potter, help the centaurs?"