Road Trip: Part 12

As Rogue and Remy entered their hotel room, she seemed more quiet than usual. He noticed this right off. "Ya alright, chere?" he asked.

"Yeah, ah'm just tired," she said. It wasn't a total lie. She was tired, but it was mostly from the anxiety of the situation.

"Ya stay here and rest. Remy go get ya some food. Ya be hungry when ya wake up.

"Alright, but don't be too long."

"Ya'll hardly know I be gone."

He kissed her on the forward as she lay down beneath the covers. Before he even left she was fast asleep. Remy walked out of the room and down the hall. He made his way to the lobby. This hotel didn't have much when it came to room service, so he asked the front desk where there were any good restaurants.

At that moment Bell and Carol walked in. Bell wasn't surprised to see him there. If he hadn't been so stupid as to park the car out in front of the hotel she might have missed him completely. Then she wondered. Did he want her to find him? It must be. He wanted her back. Well, there was only one obstacle. That bitch he'd been gallivanting around with. She would find her. She waited for Remy to leave. Then she approached the front desk.

"Excuse me, miss," she said in her sweetest voice. "That man who jus' left. Can ya tell me what room he be stayin' in?"

"No, ma'am, ah can't do that. It's against the rules. Besides, him an' his wife are newlyweds. We need their privacy if ya know what ah mean."

"Oh, I know. I be an old friend of de family. I didn't make it to de weddin'. Jus' wanna give dem congratulations is all."

"Well, ah guess that would be alright. Honeymoon suite, second floor, room 209, but remember," the clerk whispered. "This is our little secret."

Bell nodded, and flagged Carol who was sitting in the lobby. "Let's go," she said as Carol approached.

"What are we gonna do?" Carol whispered as they approached the elevator.

"Oh, nothing, jus' plannin' a little surprise." Bell laughed which made Carol a little uneasy, but she followed Bell anyway. The two women stepped out of the elevator upon reaching the second floor.

"Where are we going?" Carol asked.

"This way," Bell said. "Their room's down here."

Bell looked closely at all the room numbers. 207, 208, ah, there it was. 209. Bell stood back from the door. "Hey, Carol, can you get that door opened."

"Yes, but, I don't think..."

"Just do it," she commanded.

Carol took hold of the door reluctantly, but made short work of the lock. From inside Rogue was jostled awake by the noise outside. She shot up into a sitting position only to see Bell enter the room.

"Hello Rogue, nice t'see ya again."