Road Trip: Part 1

"Oh, mah god, ah can't believe we jus' high-tailed it outta there," Rogue said excitedly when Remy finally stopped the bike on the side of the road. "Hey, where are we?" she asked.

"Don' know, chere, but we outta gas," Remy said. "Look like we be walkin' t'da next fillin' station."

"Oh," she said. "Wonder how far it is? Couple miles at least. Still, neva had so much fun in all mah life." She threw her arms around him. "If ah got be stranded, nice bein' stranded here with you."

"Ya mean dat?" Remy asked.

She reached up and took his glasses off and looked deeply into his eyes. "Yeah, ah do."

"An ya don' mind dat I'm a mutant?"

"No, why would ah? Besides, that's some power yah got there," she said and threw her arms around him. He leaned in and kissed her passionately. She felt his tongue in her mouth and that excited her even more. She never felt anything like it. She wanted more.

He soon broke off the kiss which confused her a little. "Umm, we betta git goin'. Long walk ahead."

"Yeah, ah guess so." The pair started their walk down the lonely highway. They saw not even one car in nearly ten miles of walking. Rogue felt fatigue coming on. Remy felt it, too. He hoped they could find a gas station and maybe a cheap motel, because it seemed they both could use a rest.

"Hey, Remy, ah see somethin'," Rogue said. "Up ahead."

"Come on," he said. The promise of a bed and hot meal was just ahead. They walked another half mile and found a small gas station. They didn't see much of anything else, but it was place to get enough fuel to get to the next town.

"Hey, we be needin' some service out here," Remy yelled. Rogue laughed at their surroundings. "What be so funny, chere?" Remy asked.

"This remind me of those ghost towns in those god awful western movies." She started laughing hysterically which made him laugh too.

Finally the gas station attendant came out. "Where'd you two come from?"

"'Bout ten miles up the road," Rogue answered. "Ran outta gas."

"Ah figured that. Where ya headed?"

"Where eva da road takes us," Remy said. "Can ya fill'er up."

"Sure, buddy, but ah need t'see the cash first."

"No trust us," he said jokingly.

"Look friend, ah don't trust nobody. Now, money first than the gas." Remy handed him a twenty. "Alright, that'll get ya the hell outta Dodge," the man grumbled as he walked away.

"Is that where we are?" Rogue asked.

"Naw, just outside Mobile," he grumbled. He looked at Remy for a moment and shook his head and walked off with the bike in tow.

Rogue started giggling. "What be so funny, chere?"

"Ah think maybe he don't like your glasses. Think ya got somethin' tah hide."

"Maybe so," he said. "We all got somethin' tah hide." She had a faraway look in her eye. "What ya be t'inkin' 'about, chere?"

She hesitated for a moment. "Ahh, nothin', jus' few days ah thought mah life was pretty much over an now..."

"An' now...?" he asked with a sly look in his eye. She put her arms around him. "What is it, chere?"

She looked playfully into his eyes. "Ah got you." She brought her lips up to his and kissed him. At that moment the gas station attendant yelled over to them.