Road Trip: Part 4

"Hey, old man, Ah'm not gonna ask you again?"

"Julien, ya ain't gonna git not'hing outta him if yah keep manhandlin' him like dat."

"Alright, Bell, what you suggest?" Julien asked as he threw his victim to the ground."

"A little sweet talk goes a long way. Ain't dat right." she said to the old man lying on the ground. "Stand him up, Julien," she said her voice becoming much deeper. Lightening up again, she said, "Now, we gonna start again...from de beginnin'."

"What...what ya wanna know?"

"Yah see a man in a trench coat driving a motorcycle with a slut wit a white streak in her hair."

"Yes, ma'am, yesterday."

"Did dey say where dey be goin'?"

"H-hotel, up the road," he said, his voice almost a squeak.

"Put him down, Julien." The man was almost relieved. Bell walked up to him. "Betta not be lyin' or I be comin' back t'cut your heart out. Now, where dis hotel?"

"U-up t-the road, n-north a here."

"Let's go," Bell said heading back to her car. Julien hesitated. He really wanted to do some damage to this guy. "Julien, ya wastin' time! Let's go!"

Bell was a woman on a mission. She wanted to hurt Remy Labeau as he hurt her. She knew he was a liar and cheat. That's why she broke things off with him, but even so she wanted him back. She wouldn't allow the man she gave her virginity to to humiliate her. She wanted him back, if for more other reason but to torture him, and if she had to kill his latest conquest then so be it.

"Mobile, what a crap town," Julien grumbled. "Ya sure ya wanna do dis, Bell?"

"What? Julien, can ya be any dumber. I not be comin' all dis way for not'ing. Dat dere no good son and bitch gonna pay for what he done. An' if ya don't help me I kill you too. Now, what be your answer?"

"Longs you let me kill de girl. She like a fuckin' vampire. You no see what she did to Pierre. Almos' bit his finger clean off. Somet'in' not right 'bout dat one. Won' mind killin' dat no good Cajun either."

"Ya keep your hands off him, Julien. He's mine. Understand?"

"Yeah, Bell, I do, but why ya wanna go ruin my fun."

"Just shut up and do what I tell ya."

Bell was getting agitated. She was a woman scorned and she wanted revenge. Who did he think he was tossing her aside? He was going to pay. She would make sure of it.

"Dis can't be the place," Julien said, "but it's the only one around."

"Let's go, Julien. We wastin' time." She got out, slamming the car door. "Who builds a hotel on top of a hill?" Bell was even more annoyed now. "Get your ass movin', Julien!"

Bell obviously was the first to arrive at the entrance door. What a dump, she thought. Why would Remy hold up in a place like this for? Then she thought, He jus' want t't'row me off. Well, it won' work. She walked in the door, Julien straggling behind.

"Who in charge here?" she yelled.

"That would be me, honey. Name's Fran. Ya need a room?"

"Non. I be needin' information," Bell said. "An you be givin' it to me."

"Oh, really," Fran said. "An' what information ya think I have."

"Oh, where a certain Cajun and his latest slut be hidin'. I know dey here."

"Yeah, there was a Cajun here. He was quite a looker, but he's gone now. Had some pretty brunette with white streak in her hair with him. They were makin' so much noise my husband went banging on their door."

"Where dere room? Show me."

"Alright, this way, honey," Fran said. "I don't usually do this, but..." Fran took out a key and unlocked the door. "Here ah are."

Bell and Julien looked around the room. Nothing seemed out of place, than Bell looked on the nightstand. She saw a note on a torn piece of paper. It was Remy's handwriting.

"Damn him," she said. "Who dis Rogue be? She be dead." Bell turned back to Fran. "Where dey be?"

"I don't know, honey. They checked out and left."

"How long?" Bell demanded.

"Couple hours, maybe. I'm not sure."

Bell and Julien stormed out of the hotel. "I'll get his Cajun ass and his little slut too," Bell said as she reached her car.

"Where we be going now, back t'N'leans?"

"Non. Dey not go back dare. Dey be goin' north, far away as dey can get. We be goin' dat way too."

Bell got back in the car. She barely waited for Julien to close the door before she sped off.