Road Trip: Part 8

Back at the hotel, Julien awoke with a terrible headache and a woman standing over him. She had long blond hair and sour look on her face.

"Get up!" she yelled.

"Agh, shit, Bell, what the hell hit me?"

"Neva you mind. Now, where's Remy?" Julien rose to his feet only to be struck by a bout of dizziness.

"Ohh. Ah don' know. That bitch musta blindsided me."

"Ya mean a little girl whooped your ass?"

"Non, mah head." Still wallowing in pain, Julien stumbled back onto the floor.

"You're pathetic," Bell said stepping over him. "Can't even handle a little girl. Don' worry, Julien. Ah take care a'her mahself." Bell forced Julien to his feet. "Let's go. Can't let Remy and his whore get too far."

Bell left the hotel room in a huff, Julien following suite. In the front lobby of the hotel the pair was stopped. Hotel security barred their way from leaving.

"Excuse me," Bell said. "You be in mah way."

"Sorry, ma'am but I can't let ya leave." Bell looked confused. "Not until the bill is paid."

"What? I not be stayin' here. Jus' came t'visit friends, but dey not here."

"No, ma'am. Bill must be paid before ah can let ya leave."

The security guard led her by the arm to the front desk where she was shown the registry book. There she found her name and Julien's.

"That son of a bitch," she shouted for everyone in the lobby to hear. "Wait 'til ah be gettin' mah hands on him."

Well, she had no choice. It was either pay the bill or go to jail. If the later happened she would never find him. She passed her credit card and ID to the clerk, reluctantly. The clerk handed it back and had her sign the charge slip.

"Can ah go now?" she asked the guard. He nodded, and she left in a huff. As she going out the door she shouted, "Julien!"

"Ahma comin', Bell," he said, trailing behind her.

________________________________________