Road Trip: Part 9

"Seems like we been driving for days," Rogue said as she jumped off the bike. They had entered another gas station. She knew that they were somewhere in Kentucky but didn't know where.

"Hey," Remy said, "Ya getting' tired a dis here trip."

"Oh, no, just that, what happened in Memphis..."

"Ya mean wit Julien?"

"No, ah mean before that...ya know, with you and me. It scared me a little. Ah mean, ah really like you and all but..."

"But what?"

"Ah don' know. Maybe we could go someplace quiet t'talk. There's some things I wanna tell ya."

"Okay," he said. "I find someplace nice where we can be alone. Mebbe we go on a picnic, jus' you an me."

"Sounds nice, jus' hope we don't have some unexpected visitors."

They both laughed at that. Rogue noticed the gas station had a little convenient store inside. She decided to do a little shopping while Remy gassed up the bike. There she bought some bread, cold cuts and cheese, some ready-made potato salad and few pieces of fruit. She also bought a small jar of mayo and mustard. She didn't know which one Remy would prefer. She liked either so she decided to get them both. She also picked up some napkins, paper plates and some plastic cutlery. There was a fresh apple pie sitting in the window with the rest of the baked goods.

"Would ya like somethin', honey?" the woman behind the counter said.

"That apple pie looks good," Rogue said.

"Oh, yes, just baked it this morning." Rogue couldn't resist the fresh aroma.

Since it was summertime there were several large picnic baskets for sale and a large beach blanket. That would be perfect for their picnic. She also grabbed some sodas out of the cooler. She quickly paid for her purchases and left the store to find Remy waiting.

"What's in the basket, chere?" he asked.

"Neva mind. Ya'll find out soon enough." Now she was being mysterious just as he was on their date the other night. She thought, Ah hope this don't end up like last time. But then her worries ceased when she saw the look in his eyes. "So where we gonna go for our picnic?"

"Ya'll see," he said that devilish look coming back. She saw that sly smirk on his face. He was definitely up to something.

"Well, I guess ah'll have t'be surprised."

"'Fraid Remy disappoint ya."

"Ya haven't so far," she said reaching up to kiss him. "So, let's get goin'. Ah'm starved."

"Me too," he said, putting his hand on her ass. She tried to look shocked, but he knew she wasn't. Soon they were off again.

Remy road down a trail leading to a stretch of woods. Rogue could smell the hint of fresh pine in the air. It was delicious. She missed being out in the country with the open air and endless meadows. Living in the city so long made her forget the simple pleasures of the country. She would always be grateful to Remy for reminding her.

Finally they stopped. Rogue looked around. She saw a small glassy plan near the wooded area next to a small lake. The sun had not yet set and the sky was so blue with not even a hint of a cloud.

"Wow!" was all she could say.

"Ya like, chere?" Remy asked.

"A'course ah do. It's so beautiful here," she said with a smile. "So, ya hungry?" Se knelt down on the grass preparing to go through the basket getting ready for their impromptu picnic.