HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU ...JADE

CHAPTER XV: HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Jade stepped out of the shower and immediately grabbed the oversized Egyptian cotton towels that she had received in a gift bag at a fashion show.

Besides co-managing the foundation with ally, Jade also decided to give a try to a model carrer, encouraged by Althea and Miggy. At first, she thought that Althea opinion was biased but once her friends and family incited her to give a try, she accepted the offer of one of her investors. Now she was travelling a lot for photo shoots, appearances and red carpet. The couple tried their best to travel together even if their scheduled don't match. Jade were always talking about her fiancée on interviews and all. Always thanking her for her support each chance she got to express her love for her beloved. She wasn't afraid anymore to show off her love. Her family was very prou of her and her achievements with the foundation and the career model.

***

Wiping her wet locks out of her face, Jade glanced around the large bathroom that always reminded her of Althea: with its dark wood and chrome accents. Caught up in her thoughts, Jade only realized that the phone was ringing after it had rung three or four times. Running to the phone next to Althea's side of the bed, Jade lifted the receiver to her ear.

"Hello?" she said, glancing at the clock to find that it was twelve past eight in the morning.

"Hey, J, it's me."

"Love, where are you? You were supposed to be home two hours ago. Was your flight delayed?" Jade said somewhat frantically

"Yeah, about that.." Althea started

"Althea, don't you dare cancel on me. You promised come hell or high water you would be here this weekend. You haven't been home for a 2 weeks now and my birthday party is tonight. Batchi has already set everything up." Jade lectured, taking a seat on the edge of Althea's side of the bed. She smelled her lingering perfume, she missed her fiancée badly.

"I know; believe me I know." Althea sighed, "Look, James scheduled this really important meeting this weekend with an investor."

"Althea, it's always another meeting. I just wish that James would schedule an appointment with me so that I could spend some time with my fiancée."

"Lablab, you know how badly I wish I could spend this weekend with you, but you also know that if the office in New York is going to be a success I have to have everything in order." Althea said taking a sip of her coffee, as Jade simply ran her right hand through her hair

"Well...do you have any idea when you're going to be home?" Jade asked, defeated

"I'm going to try to get in two days this week, Wednesday and Thursday." Athea said

"I can't take those days off; I'm already scheduled for a photo shoot in Singapore." Jade said growing more and more frustrated

"Well, I'll come anyway. It will be nice to be at home when you get there; sleep in my own bed, and all that jazz." Althea said absent mindedly

"You can pretty much do whatever you want Althea, but I'll be tired when I get home, so don't expect anything." Jade said walking to her closet

"I wouldn't dream of actually sleep with my fiancée." Althea said sarcastically, spreading the newspaper out in front of her

"I can't believe you just said that."

"Well, from what I could gather, that's what you meant."