Chapter 17

Chapter Seventeen

I accidently slept in the next morning and woke up at noon and saw that my dad had left a note saying that he had to continue with the investigation. I sighed and sat down on a stool at the kitchen counter and drank my applejuice through a straw. I got bored and started to spin around on the stool for about 2 minutes until I was too dizzy to function.

"What are you doing?" Jeff asked walking into the kitchen.

"Giving my unicorn a bath." I said with blury vision.

"Whatever." he sat on the stool beside me.

"Hey, you're sitting on his corn." I said slapping his arm.

"His corn?" he asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, because he's a uni-corn. That means one corn." I replied.

"I think it's called a horn." he said.

"I think not." I said. Then we heard a knock on the front door. Jeff stayed in the kitchen while I went to the front door.

"Hello, may I help you?" I asked the stranger.

"Is Roger Hartt here?" he asked.

"No." I said and proceeded to close the door.

"Wait! When is he going to be back?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes and said, "I don't know, ask your mother." slamming the door.

"That wasn't very nice." Jeff said as he sat on the couch. I plugged my ipod to the speakers that went all through the house, because my dad is awesome and set it up for me, and blasted Let Live by Of Mice & Men.

"Well, I don't even know the man." I replied as I sat down on the couch beside him and started singing, "I was all for you, you fell over my love, I just can't afford it this time." Jeff and I just sat and sang to the music on my ipod until my dad came home and he had to leave once again. I told him to come to my room tonight, though.

"Hey dad. How's it hanging?" I asked as I sat with my legs over to back of the couch and my head on the floor.

"Fine, I'm sorry again about today. Maybe you can come back over soon." Dad said as he took off his boots.

"Yeah, I hope so. What time do I leave in the morning?" I asked and sat up.

"Noon." he replied.

"Well I'm gonna' get a shower and go to bed." I said and took a shower before heading to my room.

I saw Jeff asleep in my bed, so I laid down next to him and started blowing in his face, "Jeff, get up and get out." I whispered.

"Let me stay." he mumbled.

I sighed, "You came to the wrong neighborhood, motherfucker. I kick like a bitch in my sleep." I said.

"I don't care." he said and shifted onto his back. I just decided to let him stay and slept on the floor. I didn't want to disturb him while he slept, or else I would've stayed in the bed.

* * *

I woke up with my back stiff, "Damn. You hear me? Shit, fuck." I grumbled as I popped my back.

"You shouldn't have slept on the floor." Jeff said as he sat on my bed with his legs crossed.

"I didn't want to kick you." I said, " What time is it?" I asked.

"10:00." he replied. We heard my dad and Jeff hopped out my window, but not before saying, "I'll see you at home."

"Hey, you're awake." my dad said as he walked into my room, "I was going to wake you so you could pack."

"Okay, I'll start." I said smiling to him. When I was done, we drove to the airport. My dad and I said our goodbyes and I boarded the plane. I sang half the flight again until I was quieted. When we landed, I was happy to be on the ground.

"Hey sweety." my mom said when she picked me up outside of the terminal.

"Hi." I said and hopped in the car, which left her to put my luggage in the trunk. After she had all of my suitcases in the car, we drove home. When I got home I grabbed Grim and went to my room to cuddle with him on my bed.

My mom knocked on my door and I told her to come in, "Are you hungry?" she asked.

"Nope." I said as I played with my kitten.

"Alright then." she said and went back downstairs.

"How's it going?" Jeff said as he climbed through my window.

"I'm bored." I said and he sat on my bed and picked up Grim.

"Hey, I was playing with him." I whined as I sat up beside him.

"Too bad." he replied. I stuck my tounge out at him and rolled off of the bed onto the floor and put my feet in the air and continued to roll around all over the floor.

"What the fuck?" Jeff asked.

"They see me rollin', they hatin'." I said monotonously.

"Okaaaay." he said slowly and diverted his eyes to the other side of the room. 'Yeah, I know what he's thinking. He thinks I'm crazy, but I'll show him.' I thought. I stood up and walked over to him pushing him down on the bed. I crawled on top of him and started licking his forehead.

"Jeffy, you've gots a fivehead." I said and stopped licking him to look in his eyes. I wiggled on his body to make us eye level with eachother.

"Please stop. You're freaking me out." he said cautiously.

"Fine." I sighed and just stared into his eyes, "You don't really have a fivehead, though." I said. He just grinned and I kissed him.

We were making out when I realized that Grim was still in the room. He was sitting by our heads and watching us. I stopped kissing Jeff and looked over to my kitten, he just meowed at me.

"Go away." I whispered and he just continued to stare at me.

"It's okay, I have to get going anyway." Jeff said. I got off of him and he stood up, "I'll see you later." he climbed out the window and I sat down on my bed and sighed. Grim meowed at me and crawled into my lap.

"Kiss my grits you greasy bear." I said and started petting his head. I was bored so I changed into my batman pj's and tied a cape around my neck. I walked downstairs and out the front door onto the street.

"RAWR!" I screamed at a passing car. The driver looked at me weird and I started knocking on doors and asking if people's refrigerator was running and if they'd seen Robin because I needed him to wash my back. Eventually I got bored of that, too, so I decided to walk into the woods. I sat down on the leaves and heard a rustling behind me. I turned around expecting to see Slendy or Ben, but instead I saw a strange looking guy with a white mask. The eyes of the mask looked empty with black marks that looked like his mascera was running and he wore a dark hoodie.

"That was quite a show." he said, "You must be Lyric." he sat down beside me.

"Can I get back to you on that?" I said annoyed. I really don't like strangers.

"I'm Jack. I'm friends with Jeff, Ben and Slendy." he said. I looked at him again and sighed.

"I'm tired. It was nice meeting you." I said and walked back home. I felt kinda' bad for Jack, but I was freaking tired. I took off my cape and fell asleep on my bed.