chapter 2

Chapter Two

As I walked through the front door I noticed that it wasn't locked."Mom!" no answer. She wasn't home yet. 'She must've forgotten while we were rushing out to the car' I just decided to forget about it.

I was bored so I decided to get on Facebook. I noticed friend requests from Jamie and Ariel and accepted them, but there was one that I didn't recognise. Some guy named Jeff the killer wanted to be my friend. I looked onto his page to see if I knew him and saw dosens of creepy pictures of children that had been mutilated and smiles cut into teenagers faces. I was kind of freaked out, because I didn't know him and he seemed a little crazy. I mean, I love horror movies, the more blood and guts the better, but this guy seemed too creepy. I decided to decline his request and logged off Facebook.I proceeded to lay in my bed and listen to Pierce the Veil.

* * *

"Lyric, Lyric wake up."

"What do you want mom?"I grumbled rolling over onto my back.'I must've fallen asleep' I thought.

She huffed "I want to know if you want any dinner. I was thinking pizza."

"Pizza?" I shot up in bed rubbing my eyes.

"Yes, pizza. Do you want some?" She asked.

"Uh, duh, " I said walking out of the room and downstairs. " pepperoni, please."

"Alright." she said calling the pizza place a few blocks away. Pretty convenient, huh?

I walked to the couch in the lounge and turned on the TV with the remote. As I was flicking through channels, I noticed an odd news report. " A mother, father and two children were found brutally murdered in their homes last night.They look to have been dead for at least a week. We have no leads on who's responsible, but we think the killer is a young male around the age of 17 to 25. If you have any information contact the GAPD. Now to Nicky with more news for you." I almost threw up when they showed the picture of the family. It was them, on Jeff's facebook I saw them. They were only found last night and Jeff's post was 4 days ago.

"Hey, hun, are you okay? You look paler than normal." I snapped out of my daze to see my mother's concerned face."Huh? Oh, yeah I'm okay. I'm still just a little tired."I said quickly.

"Okay, well the pizza's here." she said holding out a box of warm, pepperoni pizza.

"You know, I don't really feel well. I'm just gonna head up to bed." I stood up and walked toward the stairs.

" Alright, hun. Goodnight." she replied. "You, too."

I made sure to close and lock my window before changing into my pj's and slipping into bed. That night I dreamt of the horrible things that happened to those people. What if Jeff was responsible?

.