Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

I woke up the next morning and found Grim in my bed, my mom must've put him in here when she got home. I got out of bed and threw on a white tanktop and a black vest with a pair of white ripped skinny jeans and my favorite black converse. I walked downstairs and had some leftover cake for breakfast, mom was already at work so I wouldn't get caught. I felt kind of bad that Jeff didn't get any cake. Oh well.

I groaned as I walked into the school building. Mondays suck, and so do Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. All of the classes before lunch were boring and I slept through half of them anyway. When lunch came along I strolled up to the regular table and plopped down with Ariel and Jamie. I looked over at the popular table and noticed that Emily and Erica weren't there and I smiled knowing why.

"Hi." said Ariel with a smile.

"Sup." I said indifferently resting my head on my hand.

"What's wrong?" Jamie asked.

"Monday." I replied simply.

"Oh." she said understanding what I meant.

We exchanged a few words during lunch, but I'm sure we would all be back to normal by tommorow. Yup, Mondays suck. My mom was finally able to pick me up this afternoon, so I was happy about that and I fell asleep on my bed in my clothes as soon as I got home.

I felt the weight shift on my bed and a bit of light shone through my eyelids, so I knew it was still daytime.

"Go away, Jeff." I mumbled.

"How did you know it was me?" he asked.

"You're the only person that would just show up in my room and watch me sleep." I replied.

"That you know of." he said.

I looked up at him, "Strange kid." I yawned sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"You should be doing your homework anyway." he said.

"I probably won't." I said getting up and walking downstairs.

"You should." Jeff said following me.

"My mom might see you."

"She went to get groceries."

"The neighbors might see you."

"Not unless they stalk you."

"I might see you."

"You already have."

"Unfortunately." I replied opening the refrigerator and getting out the milk.

He gasped and put his hand over his heart, "And I thought we were friends." he said feigning hurt.

"What gave you that idea?" I asked pouring a bowl of cereal.

"When you hugged me on your bedroom floor." he said matter-of-factly.

I sat down at the table and started to eat my fruitloops, "Whatever." I mumbled inbetween mouthfulls.

"You just don't want to admit that you wanna' be my friend." he said.

"You wish." I replied and slurped up all the milk left in my bowl.

"Damn, that was fast." Jeff said looking at me with wide eyes.

"That's what she said." I replied putting my bowl in the sink. He just chuckled and watched me as I started loading the dishes into the dishwasher.

"I thought you didn't have to do that anymore." he said.

"I want to, it helps my mom out and makes me look good." I said looking over at him smirking.