Chapter 6

Chapter Six

'Well this sucks' I thought as I sat on my bedroom floor doing nothing. My mom had grounded me for a few weeks and I was suspended from school for 4 days. I don't know why I didn't get expelled, maybe the principal knew his daughter deserved it.

"Lyric, I need you to come do the dishes!" My mom yelled from downstairs. Oh, yeah. I also have chores.

I sighed and walked downstairs to the kitchen. When I was done with the dishes, I fed Grim and went back up to my room. I had nothing better to do so I climbed out my window onto the roof. The sun was just going down and there was a nice breeze, so I just sat down and watched the sky grow darker.

I looked at my watched and saw that it was 11pm. 'Wow, I need to stop loosing track of time' I thought while I stood up to go inside. I was't really expecting to see Jeff sitting on my bed, though.

"Hi?" I said slowly after a few seconds.

He just looked at me with that sickening smile on his face.

I was more annoyed than scared, though, because I hate when people don't answer me, especially strangers that just show up in my bedroom. "What are you doing here?" I asked cautiously, but he didn't say anything.

"Answer me dammit!" I yelled in frustration. He still didn't answer, but he didn't look angry or suprised by my outburst, he actually looked quite amused.

Now I was pissed, " Why don't you just leave me the hell alone!?" I raised my voice again.

I didn't expect him to attack me, though. He came at me with a knife, "Why don't you just go to sleep?" he said almost stabbing me in the stomach, but I managed to dodge the strike and trip him so that he was now having to pick himself up off the floor while I tried to make a run for the door.

Before I could get there, though, he tackled me to the ground. I rolled over onto my back and dodged another strike to my head. I kicked him off of me and got on top of him so that he couldn't get up. Both of my legs were on either side of his hips and I was fighting him to take his knife away. Then he lost grip for a split second and I threw the knife under my bed. It wouldn't have helped if I had kept it, though. I'm better with my hands ;)

Jeff growled and rolled us over so that he was on top of me, but my legs just wrapped around his waist and I started to squeeze him with them. He yelped in pain and I unwrapped my legs to kick him off of me again. He stood up and just stared down at me before walking to the other side of the room and climbing out the window.

"Grrr!" I growled. I was pissed and it was all his fault.