chapter 3

Chapter Three

-_- This morning I woke up in one of the most dreadful ways possible.(in my opinion)

"Lyric, get up."

"I can't hear you, the sun is in my eyes." I tried to get my mom to close the curtains, but she wouldn't until I got up.

"Fine, I'll get up." I said reluctantly getting out of bed and stumbling over to my bathroom.I hate bright lights in the morning.

" Alright. I'll be downstairs. By the way, you have 25 minutes." She called to me while I brushed my teeth. Then I hopped into the shower for 10 minutes.When I got out I blow-dried my hair and picked out a black Asking Alexandria hoodie with grey skinny jeans and my black converse. I had 5 minutes for breakfast.

I ran downstairs and grabbed a strawberry poptart and headed to the car with an Escape the Fate CD. My mom came to the car after me and I let my thoughts take over.

I walked into 1st period on time today, thankfully, and decided to take a look at all the people around me while Mrs.Johnson started talking about world culture or something.

I noticed two girls in particular that looked especially conspicuous. They had on lowcut shirts and short skirts. One was brunette and the other was a blonde. I could guess in a second that these were the 'it' girls, like the ones you'd see in the type of teen movies that I don't watch.The blonde one was setting up schedule with a nerd about when she'd be getting her homework from him and the brunette was teasing a pair of jocks with her cleavage.

The sight was disgusting to me so I looked away to the other side of the room. I saw a few ordinary people, but none stood out enough to give them a second thought, so I decided to think about Jeff.

'What if he did kill those people, or he knew who did. Should I try asking him through Facebook?' I shook my head at the thought. ' No, stupid. You already declined his friend request and he probably either wouldn't tell the truth, or he'd come after you for finding him out.' I realized I was probably over-analising everything. The guy did nothing but send me a friend request, I shouldn't be getting my panties all twisted up like this....Then the bell rang dismissing us from first period and I was thankful to be going to science.

I walked into 2nd and noticed Jamie across the room with her earbuds in. When she saw me she pulled them out and whisper/yelled " Lyric, hey Lyric over here." I chuckled at her actions and took a seat next to her.

" So ,how's it going?" she asked.

"Pretty good, you?" I replied.

"Oh my gosh! I am sooo happy my parents bought me a new baby pig!!!" She squealed.

This made me laugh a lot, but I tried to keep quiet and I snorted!

"hahaha, did you just snort!?" Jamie said laughing her head off.

"Yeah, yeah laugh all you want, but it's your fault." I said blushing red.

"Yeah well maybe I could adopt you into my new piglet family." she said giggling.

"Haha." I said sarcastically.

The rest of class was filled with pig jokes and I knew she'd be telling Ariel about this. Oh well I guess this is what friends are for; Making fun of each other's quirks relentlessly.

* * *

In the rest of our classes that Ariel, Jamie and I had together we all talked together about random stuff. In 4th period Jamie told Ariel about my snort and they started laughing so hard the teacher gave us a dirty look and other students gave us curious stares. I just sat in the middle of all the giggling looking like a tomato trying to calm down two teenage girls on crack.

They had calmed down by the time we were walking to lunch, though, and we actually had a conversation.

"So who's that blonde chick and the one with brown hair?" I asked, chewing on a carrot stick.

" Oh you mean Erica and Emily? They're the Brooks sisters and they practically run the school, all because their daddy is the principal." Ariel said with a scowl on her face.

"Yup, and if you can't tell, we hate them. In 9th grade they embarassed us in front of the whole school with some exploding toilet prank and a video camera." Jamie also had a scowl on her face, and I decided to stay as far away from these chicks as possible.

"Oh, I see, now I'm scared." I said.

"Don't worry about them, they won't mean anything to anyone after this year is over." Jamie said. I gave a hopeful smile.

"I wonder what color I'd be if I was a lobster." Ariel randomly said. Me a Jamie burst into a fit of laughter and Ariel just sat there looking confused. Yup, these are my new best friends.